addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Babywearing International of Charlotte Message Board Charlotte Babywearers Discussion Forum › need help w/ choosing a carrier...

need help w/ choosing a carrier...

A former member
Post #: 17
Hi, I'm looking for a safe carrier to use to wear my boy on my back, around the house, mostly while cooking. He's over 20 lbs & will turn 1 in November. I'd like one that'll last as he grows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Bonnie S.
Bonniebelle101
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 8
I love my Boba! My daughter is 19 months old and 23-ish lbs. I've been wearing her on my back since she was about 6 months old. Ergo and Beco also make great soft structured carriers and it tends to be personal preference as to which people prefer. Lily likes to arch and wiggle so I really like that the Boba has a very tall back. I don't worry that she's going to be able to get out.

There are lots of members that would highly recommend a woven wrap as well. Wovens are awesome! They just have a larger learning curve to get used to the wrapping.

There are a bunch of us who have the Boba, so if you have a chance to make it to a meet up I'm sure someone would be happy to let you try theirs. We also have a Boba in the lending library if you would like to borrow it.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!
A former member
Post #: 18
Hi, Bonnie! Thanks for the info!! Ooh, borrowing the Boba in the lending library sounds super! How do I go about that? Thanks! I'll see if I can email you my phone number, too. :)