Things Every Golfer Should Know Before Playing On The Course
"Slow play destroys the spiritual nature of the game." Sign at Tralee Golf Club, Ireland
You should be able to play 9 holes in 2 hours or less, 18 holes in 4 hours or less.
For high handicap players, it is okay to play double par and then pick up your ball if you've gone beyond that number of strokes for a hole.
The following information is copied directly from Columbia Country Club's website. All golfers will find this useful. Please copy and share it with your golfing companions.
Ready to Play
Playing golf at a reasonable pace of play makes the game more enjoyable and demonstrates the proper respect for others on the course.
* Mulligan’s prohibited.
* Play “Ready Golf”-regardless of which player is away.
* Cart-riders should carry several clubs when walking to their balls
* Read putts and prepare to play while others are putting
* Carry an extra ball in your pocket-just in case
* Promptly exit each green, and mark your scorecard on the next tee.
Courtesy for Others
* Play from the appropriate tees-if you have a handicap above you should not play from the blue tees.
* Allow faster groups to play through regardless of the number of players.
* Proceed directly to your ball-not the ball of your partner/opponent.
* Watch others players’ shots to minimize the searches.
* Help others maintain the pace of play with suggestions
* When your maximum allowable score on a hole is reached, please pick up.
Respect for the Golf Course
* The player is responsible for smoothing bunkers and properly repairing divots and ball marks.
* Without causing undue delay, also repair the divots and the ball marks of others
* Obey both the permanent rules and daily guidelines for cart use.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|June 21 Golf Tournament to Benefit Cisco Center||April 25, 2013 3:16 PM||Julieta Stack (.|
|Executive Women's Golf Association Balt Chapter||February 18, 2013 7:30 PM||Julieta Stack (.|
|Golf Coaching Videos||September 23, 2011 11:44 AM||Julieta Stack (.|
|Swing Tips--Fundamentals||September 23, 2011 12:09 PM||Julieta Stack (.|
|Upcoming Tournaments||March 4, 2011 8:27 AM||Julieta Stack (.|
|About Baltimore Golf Club||September 18, 2012 11:29 AM||Julieta Stack (.|