After the success of the Ride to Tirupati BAtch -1 on the first weekend of this month BCG is coming up with the Second Round. So what are you waiting for ? Test your saddle time ..challenge your limits and conquer the route to The valley of Tirupati. Beat your own Records..Set a new high !!!!
Route: Bangalore -> Hoskote > Kolar > Chittoor > Tirupati
Route Map: http://goo.gl/maps/zrCjT
View Larger Map
On August 30th morning (at 4:00am), we'll start our ride. Detailed itinerary below:
04:00AM - Start from HSR BDA Complex (Check the route if you can join somewhere in the route)
04.15AM - Sony World Signal Koramangala
04.30 AM - Barbecue Nation After Domlur Fly Over
04.45 AM - 100 feet road & Old Madras Road Junction
05.15 AM - After KR Puram Bridge
05.30 AM - Waiting Time over. Intercity Ride Starts.
08.00 PM - Expected Arrival Time @ Alipiri Gate
30/31 Aug - Return bus (To be booked individually by the rider. Please ensure not more than 3 riders are in one bus to prevent logistics issues). If you want BCG can take care of this but inform us well in advance for the same.
!!!!!HURRY. As this is a long week end you need to book tkt ASAP!!!!
This is a COMPLETELY SELF SUPPORTED RIDE. THERE IS ONLY A LUGGAGE VEHICLE, to carry your luggage. The riders have to book their return bus journey tickets on THEIR OWN. You can choose between returning on Saturday / Sunday from Tirupati, depending upon your convenience. Hotel accommodation at Tirupati Neat Alipiri Gate will be provided for those individuals who confirm their attendance and pay before 20th August.
The return journey is by bus. Should you opt for the bus leaving Tirupati on 30th night, you will be in Bangalore by 31st Morning (Sunday). Else you can leave on 31st night and reach Bangalore on Monday morning)
Overall, you'll be looking at a budget of INR 2000 (Including the return bus journey).
You need to pay if and only If the you choose to opt for logistic service, the return ticket, and accommodation service by BCG. You can choose your own services and pay individually with out any restriction. However you must pay the luggage vehicle charges which will be divided by the number of riders.
Please note: Since this is a self supported ride, all riders will be subject to scrutiny to make sure they are able to ride this long distance.
What to bring:
1. Bike & Accessories
- A working/Serviced cycle,(Check Air pressure)
- For Early Morning/night ride - Powerful front light & Back LED blinkers
- Spare tubes (Minimum 1, Preferably 2 )
- pucture kits and minimal tools (ellen key set) help in case you or your friends end up with a flat.
2. Hydration / Food
- Hydration (water/ electral/glucose / Sports drink/ ORS)
- Snacks (chocolates, Banana, Chikki (ground nut + jagri))
3. Clothing (depends mostly on the type of ride)
- Bright reflective Clothing (for night rides)
- For inside forest dark clothes (If you dont a singel scratch in your skin full sleeves and trousers to avoid damage to skin from thorns when you pass by a wild bush or tree)
- paded cycling shorts gives you a more comfertable rides
4. Additional Money for Food ,Travel back and any other Eventualities.
- its not a Race, its a Ride
- Follow Traffic Rules
- Ride with the Group
- Maintain Sufficient distance between cycles.
- Be Alert on the Road and watch your back
- Motorists (also) have the right of way. Keep left. Over take form right :P
- If you have not been keeping well, Dont ride.
- It is a self supported event. While other cyclists generally stop to help, be prepared to take care of yourself and your bike.
General Instructions :-
- Do a Warm up before your ride.
- Hydrate yourself with ORS or glucose at regular intervals.Plain water is not always good.
- Reach out to Fellow rider who is in need of help.
Once you RSVP and share your contact details, I'll add you to the whatsapp group where there is a riders discussion.
Ride Safe..Ride Long...
P.S - The group, Host or the Organizers are not claiming any responsibility for the cycles or any kind of damage caused. So please take individual care and responsibility to make it a smooth ride. If you're not following group rules, you wont be considered in the group even if you have started the ride with us or even if you share the same route further.