Barnacles Underwater Hockey Message Board › NEW POOL!!!!

NEW POOL!!!!

Mike O.
user 12926933
Stratford, CT
Post #: 7
All,

I have been talking with the folks at the Cheshire pool, and I have some good news. They are willing to let us play there... but there are some details that need to be ironed out. The pool itself is a very large (if I remember correctly around 20 lanes wide and standard length) vinyl bottom pool, with a 4' to 6' flatbottom portion that runs the majority of the pool width. It has a smaller deep end that is around 13' (i don't see us playing there, probably just grabbing 6 or so lanes in the shallower area), and then there's a kiddie pool area.

The pool charges $11 per person (non-cheshire resident) to swim in the pool.

They have limited times during the week for play (mostly early morning availability) however the weekends look like there should be plenty of time.

The manager would like us to have Liability insurance, but once I mentioned that we would be willing to pay the 11 per person she seemed to be not so hard set on that as we would be covered as individuals renting the pool. Though, she did say she would still feel more comfortable with us having it... a future point to discuss and negotiate as it is expensive. Also, maybe we can work out some other deal as a club or even get monthly/yearly passes if it ends up being cheaper.

She also mentioned that she may have to add another lifeguard for when we play, which would be an additional $10/hour added to our overal charge... so if we only had to pay the $11 and we had say 10 players it would be $12 per hour of play. I think that if we had dedicated players for lifeguards we may even get around this.

Please let me know your thoughts, if we go forward we would be adding another pool and another day to play, which is always good in my book.

For more info check http://www.cheshirect...­

John G.
user 12925252
Mystic, CT
Post #: 3
Mike,

Thanks for researching the availability of a 2nd Pool for UWH. I would be willing to give it a try-out.

John G.