|From:||David Maher R.|
|Sent on:||Friday, November 9, 2012 3:37 PM|
A quick update from BathSPARK HQ:
- The first Techie Brekkie is taking place on Thursday 22nd November, at Jika Jika, from 8.15am-9.30am. This one is for CTO's, System Architects and Tech Leads and there are only a few tickets left. So, if you want to meet people in similar roles to share what you are working on and what challenges you are facing over breakfast - then book your ticket now! Tickets are £8 per person to cover the cost of breakfast.
- The second Techie Brekkie is going to be in January and will be for startup CEOs/Founders who want to share their hopes, plans and challenges for 2013 or just want to meet others who are in a similar role to them. Details of this breakfast will be posted on this site soon.
If any of you have a desire to host a Techie Brekkie for a specific sector/roles, and as long as the motivation is purely for networking/sharing ideas, let me know.
- BathSPARK's Xmas Party (which is brought to you by Eden Ventures and iPrinciples) is going to be the biggest networking event yet with 123 people signed up so far! Thanks to the generosity of our joint sponsors, we have been able to increase the capacity to 135, so there are still a few tickets left for those of you who haven't yet got one.
And finally, you all know that we could not hold the kind of events we do without the amazing support from our sponsors. Our joint sponsors for the Xmas Party are iPrinciples and Eden Ventures. Both are very active in the tech sector locally, nationally and internationally, and I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit more about them:
- iPrinciples have been working closely with BathSPARK and many Bath start-ups for the last few years and are to be actively involved in a new Bath-based incubator/accelerator called Rocketmakers. Rocketmakers will provide start-ups in the South West with the ideal facilities and connections they need to design, build and launch their “rockets” skyward. Please register your interest by emailing [address removed].
- Eden Ventures invests in technology companies in the telecoms software, enterprise software, SaaS, digital media, e-commerce, internet, social media, games and mobile sectors. They have some great success stories in their portfolio, including:
Huddle - World’s leading collaboration platform, used by 100,000 companies;
Borro - A revolutionary new platform for consumer loans;
Brightpearl - A rising star in the southwest, providing the most complete platform for small businesses management;
Basekit - Most advanced platform for building web sites, also base in Bristol, adding 50,000 new customers/month.
That's all for this week - have a great weekend.