addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

BathSPARK Message Board › So, that was a good BBQ!

So, that was a good BBQ!

David Maher R.
user 7116260
Group Organizer
Bath, GB
Hi,
We had a packed Summer BBQ on Wednesday and it turns out that our experimental 1-minute "Hi, I'm looking for..." pitching sessions went down really well. Big thanks to our sponsors: Gradwell, Complete Control and Ashfords. Thanks to their support everybody had a couple of drinks, a hotdog and a burger! Thanks also to Ripe Digital for printing the badges.
Many of you who went last night have asked for a reminder of the pitches. I haven't managed to get them all, but here's a few. If you want to help any of these people/companies and don't know how to get in contact, let one of the BathSPARK team know and we can connect you.
Stephen Dodd
* Know a good object oriented coder, preferably with iPhone or Android experience? More info: http://www.officetime.net/blog/got-code/­
* Looking for an online marketing manager
Gareth Lloyd, Bubbly:
Looking for creative designers with a interest in street art to road test our new 2m by 2m digital graffiti wall in Bath in late Sept. The wall is in our new bubble tea store launching in SouthGate in a few weeks, and is part of our concept for integrating digital tech into the retail experience.  Having the wall installed permanently in a retail store, free for customers to use, is a UK-first.  We're looking for creative people who get digital/tech + street art to come down and have a go pre-launch - all free of charge - to help us understand how people use it, and what support we need to offer the general public when they have access. You get to be the first to have a play with some really cool new tech, right here in Bath."
Pete Francomb, Cahootify
Cahootify is a team-building and talent-matching platform for freelancers and those that work with freelancers. We have global ambition. Six weeks ago we launched our first live "alpha" that we've been testing with early users. We now consider ourselves close to a beta. We're seeking:

• A highly skilled front end dev to join the team (html5, css, javascript, jquery, responsive design)
  • 25 people who would consider pledging £1k (or one person with £25k or any combination thereof) to kickstart a crowdfunding campaign through which we're seeking £60k in seed funding in return for 12% equity in the business. If we don't reach our target, you get your money back. A short deck giving an overview of the business is available on request. We're SEIS eligible so the potential "down side risk" is likely to be half what you put in at most.

Brian Prescott, The Marketing Centre
I am looking for experienced Marketing Directors who are interested in building a portfolio career for themselves, especially those with web/tech/software marketing backgrounds, for emerging opportunities in Bristol and Bath. The Marketing Centre is the UK's fastest growing provider of part-time Marketing Directors for ambitious businesses who need to boost their marketing to the next level, but can't afford, or don't want a full-time resource. In short, we believe every business deserves its own Marketing Director. Profiles to brian@tmcentre.co.uk­ please!
Myfanwy Marshall, Enlighten Me TV
Ex BBC-TV staff Producer / Freelance Corporate Video Producer looking for (a) start up business mentoring, (b) APP/ Web developer, (c) Sponsorship/ Investment and (d) Interviews. Starting up "Enlighten Me..." and "Enlighten Me TV" brand (registered trademarks).  My venture is a website portal of 'how-to' videos on an unlimited range of life-skills e.g How to Keep Calm & Carry on', relationships, careers, business, emotional health etc. Tools for life and Remedies for heart and soul. Think the trusted brand  of  the "Dummies"  series of books meets 'Chicken Soup for Soul'.
William Pryor, Bookbarn
Bookbarn International sells second-hand and rare books online through some 20 different platforms from its stock of 1.2m different titles. Looking for anyone who knows of or works with new technology that might improve the business.
Richard Godfrey, iPrinciples
I’m looking for a great front-end developer/designer for web and mobile apps – we’re pushing web technology to its limits and want someone who is incredibly passionate about building amazing, reliable, scalable apps and extending their and our knowledge in the craft. We have our own single page app platform based on JQuery, Knockout, Phonegap, HTML5/CSS3, etc. so existing skills a bonus – but for us the right attitude and ‘fit’ is more important as we believe great developers/designers can learn anything. We work with big brands like Microsoft, Nectar and Bank of America but most of our work is implementing new ideas for start-ups around Bath/Bristol.
Andrew Soltau, Avant Garde Science
I need help building a compelling online presence, to not only explain Avant Garde Science, but also what it means for our everyday lives. Info atwww.avantgardescience.com­, technical details at www.andrewsoltau.com­. There is also a subliminal self-hypnosis program in the testing stage which automatically induces biased expectations – thus simulating the effect of doing visualisations – while you are working at the computer. I would like to get this finished and open source it if anyone is interested.
Andrew Carr, Claritize
We are looking for a top java developer to come join our start up - using some bleeding edge technologies including NoSql and graph databases and some statistical algorithms to build intelligent data profiling and monitoring software.  If you are curious then email Abby - abigail.frear@claritize.com­.