Baton Rouge Board and Card Gamers Message Board › Meetup Offer

Meetup Offer

Melissa T
user 9049812
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 122
Send an Email Post a Greeting
My husband and I and two friends may be willing to go, but maybe not until after Christmas....but we have a 5 month old thats attached at the hip..so...he would need to come...
J S Cervini
JSCervini
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 17
Certainly not going to try anything before New Year's for good reason, so that gives us all time to figure this out.
A former member
Post #: 1,760
Melissa, I believe we are in another playgroup together. We would be happy to have a family playdate that would include babies. I am pretty sure we still have a pack & play and I know we have a playpen and swing and such if you would like to bring her without having to tote the house. :-)
Naiomi
Addicted2RPGS
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 70
Hi JS!

I'm new to the group, but I would love to come out and meet everyone. I was thinking of picking up the game, "Game of Things", and would love to have some new people to play it with. Also, I have a daughter who will be 12 soon, and she is an only child who is wise beyond her years. She is completely into gaming, and has played many games (both board games and RPGs) with an all-adult group before with no problems.

Little bit about me: I am the meetup organizer for the Baton Rouge Role Players Meet Up, as well. I am an author, Spoken Word artist, business owner, and avid FaceBook fanatic. ;) I enjoy frequenting eclectic places around town - including coffee shops that offer open mic poetry and comedy improv. I am a regular at the open mic comedy show held every Wednesday night at 8:30pm at the Station Sports Bar on Bennington Avenue. You can read more about me at either http://www.ImoianPres...­ , http://www.NaiomiPitr...­ , or http://www.BestGirlfr...­ .

I hope that you guys set up a meetup soon, and I will definitely attend! :) Nice to meet everyone!

Nay
J S Cervini
JSCervini
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 18
Howdy Naiomi. Glad ya show so much interest in the group!

Anyhoo, I just picked up "The Game of Things" myself for very much the same reason - to try to get people I know to play more board games. I am also well versed in RPGs as well as board games, as are you. I'll try to organize a meetup, but probably after New Year's due to the hectic nature of the holiday season.

Again, welcome to the group and hope ya enjoy it!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm very interested too. I've really been missing playing board games! I live in the Spanish Town area as well, so no problem getting there. I do work every other Saturday so couldn't make it during the day on my working Saturdays. My off Saturdays start on 1/2/2010 & every other on from there. I could make it most evenings (except Mondays) after 7 pm.

Happy New Year!

Samantha
Naiomi
Addicted2RPGS
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 71
Howdy Naiomi. Glad ya show so much interest in the group!

Anyhoo, I just picked up "The Game of Things" myself for very much the same reason - to try to get people I know to play more board games. I am also well versed in RPGs as well as board games, as are you. I'll try to organize a meetup, but probably after New Year's due to the hectic nature of the holiday season.

Again, welcome to the group and hope ya enjoy it!

Hi JS!

Oh yay!!! You have Game of Things! Awesome...It sounds like a good game to play with a bunch of people who don't hardly know eachother, too. A good ice breaker. You have to guess who said what, so it could be interesting! (and revealing lol) Which RPGS do you enjoy? I'm a horror fan, so I love Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, Kult, etc.

Can't wait! I run my businesses from home, so my schedule is completely open ;)
J S Cervini
JSCervini
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 19
Hi Everyone,

I'm very interested too. I've really been missing playing board games! I live in the Spanish Town area as well, so no problem getting there. I do work every other Saturday so couldn't make it during the day on my working Saturdays. My off Saturdays start on 1/2/2010 & every other on from there. I could make it most evenings (except Mondays) after 7 pm.

Happy New Year!

Samantha

Oh wow! Another Spanish Town resident on this group! That's awesome! I'm sure we can definitely start up a regular board game night here. Perhaps get in contact with the guy that has the mailing list for the neighborhood to get the word out. By all means get back to me on that idea!

Hi JS!

Oh yay!!! You have Game of Things! Awesome...It sounds like a good game to play with a bunch of people who don't hardly know eachother, too. A good ice breaker. You have to guess who said what, so it could be interesting! (and revealing lol) Which RPGS do you enjoy? I'm a horror fan, so I love Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, Kult, etc.

Can't wait! I run my businesses from home, so my schedule is completely open ;)

I have some other good ice-breaker games, such as Apples to Apples and Scrabble, as well as some more involved games, such as Risk, Munchkin, and Infernal Contraption. My partner has books for Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition and (new) World of Darkness (especially Werewolf), as well as a Go board and one player's worth of Navia Drapt pieces.

Also glad to see that your schedule is more open than mine - I work from 8 AM to 5-5:30 PM on weekdays, off during the weekends, although I spend my Saturdays working on my webcomic. We all definitely need to set up a good date for the game. Any of y'all free New Year's Eve?
Naiomi
Addicted2RPGS
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 75
<<ears perk up>> Web comic? love struck

I am currently at work on my first graphic novel (Adventures of a Single Sista)! I'd love to let you see some of it if you're up for the challenge :) I'd love to get a professional's critique!

Where can I read your comic? Fun fun fun!

I may be free for New Years Eve. Not sure what the hubby has planned yet.

As for gaming, we hit a few conventions each year - mainly A-Kon in Houston, TX (which is an anime cno, but has some gaming available, too) and Origins Gaming con in Columbus, OH, which offers MEGA rpg table top gaming as well as LARPS and board gaming... five full days of fun! Yes, we are gaming whores tongue
J S Cervini
JSCervini
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 20
<<ears perk up>> Web comic? love struck

I am currently at work on my first graphic novel (Adventures of a Single Sista)! I'd love to let you see some of it if you're up for the challenge :) I'd love to get a professional's critique!

Where can I read your comic? Fun fun fun!

I may be free for New Years Eve. Not sure what the hubby has planned yet.

As for gaming, we hit a few conventions each year - mainly A-Kon in Houston, TX (which is an anime cno, but has some gaming available, too) and Origins Gaming con in Columbus, OH, which offers MEGA rpg table top gaming as well as LARPS and board gaming... five full days of fun! Yes, we are gaming whores tongue

Yeah, I have a webcomic: "All Saints" on Drunk Duck. Please note that I'm the artist, not the writer, although I do help with the proofreading from time to time.

Heh, wish I could get in some of that action, but these days, I have neither the money nor the time (I work for a credit union, so I can't get five days off without a miracle tongue).

Anyhoo, let me know if y'all can do something New Year's Eve. Better yet, do you have an email or IM contact we can continue this conversation on?