add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › seriously?? now it's october 21st?? wow. @#%@#% amazing.

seriously?? now it's october 21st?? wow. @#%@#% amazing.

user 15145171
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
I'm actually at a loss for words which really, never happens. Now Camping's story is that it's OCTOBER 21st??? That he was "just off by 5 months"?!

somebody pinch me. seriously. i HAVE to be having the most retarded/maddening/insane/ridiculous dream (could almost be called a nightmare even i suppose..) ever.

There's so much I'm tempted to say about the whole mess and his "followers", but why bother? somebody just hurry up and pinch - wait. no, forget that. just punch me. hard. i don't care where. or kick me. whatever. just hurry the hell and wake me up from this looney toon madness.

Miltown H.
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 26
Camping seems to be pushing himself further to the edge of mainstream Christianity and the other sects are trying to distance themselves from him. This doesn't make the other sects any more "right." PZ Myers has a good article on the topic on Dawkins' blog.

It will be interesting to see how many of Camping's followers stay with him, and whether he will keep his promise to stop talking about this. (He does run a media business, so his saying that he won't be covering the END OF THE WORLD on Family Life Radio is absurd. But so is much of what he says.)