Bay Area Atheists/Agnostics/Humanists/Freethinkers/Skeptics Message Board › From the Organizer: Member Discussions on Mailing List

From the Organizer: Member Discussions on Mailing List

Larry H.
terrycts
Group Organizer
Pinole, CA
Hi Everyone,

Since I took over this group over two years ago, the mailing list has been available for member discussions. This soon degenerated into an all out battle between a Libertarian and a Lefty. The problem was solved when both left the group, after being warned by me that they needed to be civil, and after being called a complete idiot by their opponents. Others also stopped posting.

Now the discussions have started again. I really enjoy them. They have generally been at a high level, and have not been overly political or ad hominen. Unfortunately a number of people dislike getting them in their email; most of these people are not aware of how to change their group settings so they are not part of the mailing list.

The primary purpose of this group is to inform the local secular community about the events that are available to them. This enables people to become involved in our community, and to find groups that best reflect their perspective.

Considering the increasing number of complaints I am receiving, I have decided to end the members' mailing list. The Message Board will of course remain open. It is found when you click on Discussions at the top of the page.

For those of you who want a discussion mailing list for the group, I will consider creating one via another venue. Just let me know if you would like this, and please give me some time to implement it. I am still recovering from our Rapture RAM in May.

I really want to accommodate both sides of this issue, while focusing on the primary purpose of this group.

Larry