Bay Area Bookworms Book Club Message Board › book selections

book selections

user 12283201
El Sobrante, CA
Post #: 20
I would like us to read one of the books by A.J. Jacobs. He is called a journalist, author, lecturer and clever humorist who did a Ted Talk about his "My Year of Living Biblically" and is best known for writing about his lifestyle experiments in which he immerses himself into a lifestyle. People magazine says he is laugh out loud funny. There are more but the 3 books that I am suggesting are: 1. "The Know it all, one man's quest to become the smartest person in the world " in which he reads all 32 volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica and learns lots of oddball trivia and decides to complete on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and to join Mensa. 2. "The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment" in which he tries out various guides for human behavior such as George Washington's 110 rules for civility, the Tenets of Radical Honesty, and many others, even outsourcing his life to Bangalore, India. 3. "Drop Dead Healthy, One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection" in which he attempts to become the healthiest man alive. the review says this has some valuable health info along with fascinating oddities. I hope one of these 3 will make it. thanks