addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Bucket Listers Message Board › Most Updated Info for ATV/Camp Trip!

Most Updated Info for ATV/Camp Trip!

Rea R.
user 17598661
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Hi, everyone! Here's a quick update on our trip this weekend!

• We will meet at my place at 7am and leave no later than 7:30am. These are for members who are joining us for carpool. (I know Tima & Joe will be there Friday night & will meet with us the following morning) I encourage you all to grab breakfast or have your morning coffee before we leave.

• As of right now, George will be driving and Joenel, Jasleen, and myself will ride with him. I was one of the drivers, but decided that I wanted to just ride along. Is there anyone else that would like to volunteer to drive?Nina emailed me and cannot join us for this MeetUp and she was one of the drivers (she will be missed) If no one volunteers, I will go ahead and take my car, but I would really hope that someone else would volunteer, please :) Anyone carpooling will pitch in gas money for the driver.

• Drive time is 3hrs and 20 min

• Clothing - I recommend bringing a small backpack to put water bottles, snacks, and to put your sweater in if you start to get warm while riding. No keys or wallets in your pockets while riding, please because they will fall out. Please wear layered clothing, no shorts in case you fall, bring snowboarding goggles if you have any, and gloves to protect your hands. I called the ATV place and they said its a little cool down there right now. They will provide the helmets.

• For camping, please bring all your appropriate camp gear and it will be very chilly at night so please be prepared.

• We will arrive at the camp site approx 10:50 am. We will set up camp, get settled, and just relax before our ATV adventure. We must get to the camp site by noon or we will lose our reservations. We have plenty of time, so this should not be a problem.

• We will sign waivers at the ATV place at 12:30 and our ride time is 1:30pm. We will be done with our ride at 3:30pm

• After our ATV adventure, we will walk to this nearby Mexican restaurant (very close to our camp site) for a late lunch! We can celebrate with some Margaritas :)

• We will then walk back to our site and just enjoy the rest of our day/evening!

• For dinner, we will be grilling hot dogs, but please feel free to bring whatever you want to grill over the fire.

• For breakfast, this is TBD at this time. Maybe we can all make breakfast or just grab some coffee, and get on the open road! :)

Please see below for items to bring and items that we need. Please post on the event page what you would like to bring

Utensils - Rea

Firewood - Rea will bring one bundle of wood. We would need more than one..

Lighter fluid

Hot Dogs

Buns

Condiments for hot dogs

Chips and salsa - I can bring some chips as well

Side Dishes

Drinks

Alcohol (please be discreet)

Ice (we can buy this at the nearby store walking distance from our site)

If we get hungry and hot dogs are not enough, we can order pizza! We've done this before and they do deliver! Lol! :)

The members going are as follows.

1) Rea

2) Joseph

3) Tima

4) Jeanine

5) Tony

6)Jasleen

7) Joenel

8) George

9) Joe

Camp fee will be paid to Rea and ATV payments will be made individually. The above members have reserved their spot at the ATV place with a credit card, and the card will be charged when we get there.

If you guys have questions, please give me a call or email me. I'm so excited to get away even for a day this coming weekend. See you all soon!! :)

Rea