addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

East Bay Classic Fiction Book Club Message Board › Book Club Update

Book Club Update

Carissa
CP20
Group Organizer
Oakland, CA
Greetings my Classic Fiction Enthusiasts-

Just a note to check in with everyone and let you know of a few upcoming changes and events.  But first, my apologies for all of the confusion for those of you who attended last night's meet-up.  Pasta Pomodoro should have had our table ready outdoors and we had a much larger group than normal.  I'm thrilled to see the increased interest in our group but unfortunately the size makes it difficult to have a meaningful discussion that everyone can hear and participate in (the weird shape of our table didn't help matters either).

So, the September meet-up is already scheduled but I am going to start scaling the number of slots down to make our group smaller to see if that helps.  Since there will be fewer slots, I need folks to be considerate in updating their RSVPs.  I know life is unpredictable and there are occasions which arise when we have to cancel at the last minute.  No problem.  I completely understand and am happy to say that chronic 'No Shows' are not an issue in our group.  So please, continue to be considerate of your fellow members and update your RSVP in a reasonable amount of time if possible so someone else can attend. 

I will determine the location of October's meet-up in a few days and it will definitely be somewhere safe and warm (just for Olivia)!  I will also be changing the location of Sept.'s meet-up (currently scheduled at Pasta Pomodoro) and will send that update out as well.  

Finally and most exciting, October is our one year anniversary!  I can't believe how quickly time has flown by!  I'll be scheduling a happy hour for the occasion.  I hope both new and more seasoned members will join me to celebrate!

Thanks everyone for participating and being a part of the group!  Carissa