A Half-Day Field Trip Event:
"Creative Cooking @ SF Ferry Plaza Farmers Market & Sausalito!"
You know how the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA) promotes sustainable food systems throughout the operation of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, and offers educational programs toward this not-for-profit cause, right? Well, we are going to meetup there and start our field trip at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, and then embark upon an adventure (rain or shine!) that should be filled with fun and seasonal cooking creativity!
..Okay, so Creative Cooks-in-Training, before you RSVP "YES," be sure to UPDATE your FULL PROFILE and then check out the following tentative itinerary!
- Meet-and-Greet our new BACC Members at Peet's Coffee & Tea cafe (9:00-9:30 a.m.);
- Special Introductory Briefing & Question/Answer Session by Director of Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (confirmed!);
- 'SCAVENGER HUNT' ACTIVITY (updated!) - Walk, chat, shop and enjoy finding the seasonal bounty offered by the Farmer's Market (and buy your ferry ticket in advance!);
- FREE Cooking Lesson by Kara Lind (see details below, 11:00-11:45 a.m.);
- Ride the ferry boat from the Ferry Building to Sausalito to eat lunch together @??? (Scheduled to Depart the SF Ferry Building at 12:00 noon, and arrive in Sausalito at 12:30 p.m.);
- Walk, chat, shop and enjoy the main streets of Sausalito;
- Return ferry ride back to the City (with departures at 2:10 p.m., and at 3:45 p.m.).
*** *** A D D I T I O N A L D E T A I L S *** ***
Kara Lind is Baking Cupcakes - A Seasonal Cooking Demo open to the public
Kara's Cupcakes business owner Kara Lind returns to the CUESA kitchen to demonstrate creative baking! "Her beautiful cupcakes are not only delicious, but also change with the season and the ingredients are sourced from local, sustainable businesses. Past demos by Kara have included recipes for her Vanilla Cupcakes with Blackberry Cream Filling and Blackerry Buttercream and Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting. We can't wait to find out her autumn-inspired cupcake recipe for this demo!
All cooking demos take place in the CUESA kitchen under the North arcade of the Ferry Building and are free to the public with recipes and samples for all."
(Source: http://www.cuesa.org/events/2011/seasonal-c... )
Peet's Coffee & Tea
Marketplace Shop #43 (Inside, at the center of the Ferry Building)
Directions to Market: http://bit.ly/v2eKBT
Golden Gate Ferry (to Sausalito COSTS: $9.25 per each one-way ferry boat ticket (That's approximately $20.00 Round Trip) http://www.goldengateferry.org/
PLEASE NOTE: This "field trip" is the first in a series of more to come. We will have other events in the future that will allow you to bring your non-Member guests. This field trip is designed to allow our Members a solid opportunity to start building a core community of friends who enjoy the adventure of eating out and learning creative ways to cook. In order to join us on this particular field trip, Bay Area Creative Cooking Members are required to first UPDATE your FULL PROFILE before you submit your "YES!" R.S.V.P. (Please use the Bulletin Board feature of this Meetup event to ask questions and to offer any helpful suggestions.)
*Photos credit: Center for Urban Education for Sustainable Agriculture (CUESA)
Hey, I really look forward to meeting everyone, and for the chance to enjoy a day together in this wonderful City! Let's do this!