This is a fantastic group for Great Danes and their owners to get together for some Great Dane running, playing, romping and socializing. We meet at various sites around the Bay Area so that as many people as possible can participate.
Our favorite places that we frequesnt often are: Pt. Isabel, Shinn Pond, Crissy Field, and Ft. Funston. We are always looking for great sites to take the dogs and have fun!
** ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ **
The organizers and members of the SF Bay Great Dane Meetup Group would like to thank-you in advance for respecting our rules and following the board etiquette. If you have a problem, or see a post that should not be on the boards, that the organizers have not seen, please feel free to email the organizers and one will get back to you through email as soon as possible and/or tend to the post.
- It costs $10 to join this group. Dues is $10 and due at the time you sign up and annually there after.
- All members will treat all other members, organizers and assistant organizers with respect.
- Criticism, bad or negative attitude, being nasty to a member will not be tolerated.
- No Danes or litters are to be advertised for sale, in any way-
- There is a discussion area for Danes in need of new homes please post there if you know of Danes in need.
- No Studs and/or Dams are to be advertised or solicited for breeding purposes.
- No puppies are to be brought to an organized function if that puppy is for sale.
- No puppies are to be brought to an organized function that has not had all vaccinations.
It is not safe for the puppy!
- Member's emails are to remain private within the community and are not to be used for any
purpose of solicitation.
- Flaming any member on the boards is not allowed. Flaming is defined as, "An insulting criticism or
remark meant to incite anger, or be hurtful posted on the boards." Flaming may result in
banishment and is subject to interpretation by the organizers.
- Language, graphics and all activity must be G-rated and no explicit materials, of any kind will
- Pick up the poop when out with your Dane and don't be offended when someone tells you your
Dane pooped, sometimes we just don't see our danes poop but others will; they are just helping.
- Dogs shall not behave aggressively, if a mild incident occurs please handle it immediately, leash
them up and give them a ‘time out’. This usually takes care of any issues. Aggressive dogs are not
welcome and will be removed and banned from the group.
- You must access this site at least once every six months or you might be removed from the group.
- Keep your a watchful eye on your dog and keep your dog under your control; if play gets too rough step in
and give the dogs some space.
-Rough play to you might be different to someone else. Please be aware of how others precieve your pets
behavior and act accordingly. You know when your dog is making someone uncomfortable.
- Repeated no shows will be removed from the group; it is an inconvenience to keep us all waiting.
- You are responsible for your dog, your dog’s waste, your dog’s behavior and if there is an
incident of aggression, you need to exchange information in case vet treatment is needed by either
party. Please assist anyone needing help breaking up the dogs and obtaining owner information.
- When you RSVP yes for an event we are counting on you being there. If you change your mind,
change your RSVP. It is rude to keep everyone waiting for you.
- Same for being late; some of our events have a specific start time such as a hike, etc. We are
adults we know how to be on time.
- Spaying and Neutering: Please spay and neuter your Dane as soon as your vet says it is ok to do so. Bringing an unaltered Dane to the event can cause problems all the way around so let's just avoid this by spaying, neutering, or keeping them on leash. If problems persist we will have to ask the unaltered to stay home.
-It is considered yelling when using all caps when you are writing on the internet.
-Personal matters should be handled via email not blasted on the board.
-When you reply to a message are you replying to the group or to one person? Always check this!
-Post most things on the board first, keep our email in boxes uncluttered.
-You will be banned from the group for misuse of the board
*Organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and members are not responsible for injuries or losses that might occur to either pets, humans or personal items. Each individual is responsible for their pets, kids and personal items at all times. By attending any meetup.com event - regardless of whether you signed up, RSVP'd or just show up, attendees accepts ALL responsibility for ANY thing that might occur as a result of participation. Member's advice does not take the place of a veterinarian or trainer, etc. Advice received from any member of a meetup is strictly that - advice that may have worked for them. We always recommend that additional qualified sources be contacted for health or behavioral issues, such as a veterinarian, trainer (positive reinforcement recommended) or qualified behaviorist. ALWAYS exchange information if a dog incident occurs and please help those involved obtain the information; sometimes a little stress can clog up our thinking processes. Be responsible.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About The Bay Area Great Dane Meetup Group||January 1, 2014 2:18 PM||anonymous|