February 23 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
A powerful yet often foreign and unfamiliar language, Haskell can be both highly rewarding to learn and insurmountably daunting to approach as a newcomer.
Let's get together to discuss some of the resources we have reached for, from old-fashioned paper books and academic papers to online tutorials, articles, and examples, and how we navigated the tangled web of information.
This will be a free-form and informal discussion about different approaches to learning the language, and the journey on which it has taken us.
Some questions to consider:
• What brought you to Haskell?
• What is your favorite Haskell book/tutorial/reference?
• How have the various resources helped you learn Haskell?
• How has learning Haskell changed your experiences as a programmer?
• If you're a veteran, what are your favorite aspects of Haskell?
• If you're a newbie, what interests you about Haskell?
• Would you be interested in leading a portion of a lesson on Haskell 101?