Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Message Board › Ski Lease tips/advice

Ski Lease tips/advice

Mari
mari_t
Campbell, CA
Was anyone part of a ski lease this season??? I'm thinking about organizing one next winter but don't really know how to go about finding a property and what is a fair price, etc. If you know of any good websites for me to search properties for next season as well as any tips, I would really appreciate it!

OR... if you were in a great property and want to lease it again next year but foresee losing people for some reason (maybe they can no longer afford it, or they're being kicked out because they don't clean, bring too many guests, or aren't considerate to the people in the house, etc), I'd like to know that too. I'm looking for a nice property on the California side of South Lake Tahoe, no farther than Montgomery Estates on Pioneer Trail or the Al Tahoe neighborhood on Lake Tahoe Blvd. (Tahoe Keys, the "Y," and Meyers are too far for my tastes). It should have a hot tub (of course!), a variety of bed spots for people who might be complete strangers (at least a handful of twin beds!), and enough bathrooms for everyone (ideally 2.5). Let me know if you have a place in mind, that would be awesome!

Thanks,
Mari
Fabio
user 6759591
Union City, CA
Post #: 9
Hi Mari, ski leases are great if you're in with a considerate group, but they can get a bit expensive depending on the property and the number of participants. Have you considered joining one of the many ski clubs in the bay area? I'm not advocating any one in particular (although I do belong to one), but I know that most have ski leases or own their own cabin and they're a lot more affordable. Just something to consider if you haven't already. Here's where you can find a list of clubs: http://www.skibac.org...­

Cheers!
-Fabio
Mari
mari_t
Campbell, CA
Post #: 40
thanks so much for taking the time to reply :) you make a good point with it being cheaper to join a ski club but i'd rather have a ski lease with a limited number of people, i want to be able to leave gear there and trust that my things will be safe. i can see how it could become a pain though to be the one to organize a ski lease, so we'll have to wait and see...