addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding Message Board › New Meetup: Need your help to pull off a 30th birthday FLASH MOB!!!

New Meetup: Need your help to pull off a 30th birthday FLASH MOB!!!

Mari
mari_t
Campbell, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for Bay Area Skiing and Snowboarding!

What: Need your help to pull off a 30th birthday FLASH MOB!!!
When: Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:30 PM

Where: Sonoma Chicken Coop
200 East Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008

What is a "Flash Mob"??? A flash mob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse.

Yes, I watched Howie Mandel's new show "Mobbed" and I was intrigued, I'm not ashamed to admit it :) And so it gave me the idea to try to organize one myself! But I can't do it without PEOPLE willing to help out by 1) showing up at the agreed upon place ON TIME and 2) learning (and hopefully mastering) a simple dance routine.

The occasion is my good friend Erin's 30th birthday. If you know Erin, please keep this "hush, hush" as it is a SURPRISE! Her actual birthday is on Easter, so we're celebrating her birthday the weekend after. Therefore, she won't expect anything on the actual day.

The plan is for me to come up with a simple (repetitive, but FUN!) dance routine (either to "Just the Way You Are" or "Get Buck in Here" which is one of her favorite jammin' songs :) for everyone to learn. You would have to practice it on your own and get your friends excited to participate too! Here's an example of what it could look like: http://brunomarsfans....­[url=http://brunomarsfans.com/index.php?­option=com_kunena&func=view&cati­d=5&id=5814&Itemid=44][/url]

On the actual day, you would arrive at Campbell Farmer's market no later than 12:30 to "browse" the stands or to sit outside in front of Starbucks or Orchard Valley Coffee House because a Flash Mob starts with everyday people doing normal things. Erin will be there with her husband and sister on the pretense that they are meeting friends for drinks. At around 12:45 or 1:00 you'll hear the music start from somewhere and the first group of about 10 people will start dancing. That will get your attention and cue the next 15 more people or so to join in after a few seconds, and then more and more until eveyone is dancing in the streets! As soon as the music stops though, you will have to go about your business like nothing unusual had just happened.

I've organized many many events before but nothing quite like this :) There's no way I can pull it off without NUMBERS, so I will need YOUR participation as well as your friends and co-workers! Go ahead and rsvp "YES!" if this is something you would like to be a part of.

Thanks in advance, Mari

Check it out!