addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
raviv
user 10119762
Alameda, CA
Post #: 6
Hi

Does anyone have any bikepacking experience in the bay area?
I am looking for a 2-3 day route for this season (cant be in the Sierra - too cold at night).

suggestions and tips are welcomed.

thanks,
Raviv
Jeff W.
user 5762125
Alameda, CA
Post #: 56
Raviv,
I have done some bikepacking in Henry Coe State Park in the past, and I must say, it's a wonderful experience. I recommend an overnight at Mississippi lake, which is about 12 miles of some very challenging terrain from the park headquarters. You will see a lot of wildlife, almost never any other people, and the fishing is incredible. There is a flat campsite near the north end of the lake that has an old picnic table and a canopy (at least last time I was out there).

The park can be unforgiving, though (just ask some of the guys in this group), so do your homework and read up on the internet about what is required to ride there. A water filter is one thing you'll need for sure. The park is large enough to easily make a three-day trip out of it as well, with several other lakes you could visit.

If you have any more questions about Coe, feel free to ask. I love that place.

Jeff
raviv
user 10119762
Alameda, CA
Post #: 7
thanks Jeff. i will try to do a test ride over there.
Jeff W.
user 5762125
Alameda, CA
Post #: 57
One link to get you started: Mountain Biking in Coe Park
Yuan
Yuan
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 26
Another link to get you started: Linky
Jeff W.