Bay Area World of Warcraft Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup Locations: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Meetup Locations: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Bhroam
user 8235959
Campbell, CA
Post #: 97
I'm like to keep track of the places we've gone and the good and bad things between them all. This way we can fine tune the location we want.

The requirements I'm looking for:
1) Larger tables, or the ability to combine tables
2) Ability to purchase individual food. Splitting up one check is a pain.
3) Easy Parking
4) Centrally located - noone should have to drive too too far (this is obviously centered on the north/south meetups)

The places we've tried:
Specialities Bakery:
tables are large enough and can be combined when needed
Plenty of parking

It's very popular for meetups. 1-2 large meetups tend to be scheduled there at the same time as us

Panera Bread Cupertino
Some parking and there is only one large table. Fortunately our meetup was small enough to fit at a smaller table the one time we went.

Aqui Willow Glen
The tables are small, but we can combine them to larger ones.
There is plenty of parking behind it, but there is a farmers market using it at our meetup time.

Edit 8/20/2012
St Johns
Good: Decent Food/Beer and enough seating. Tables can move together. Outdoor seating is nice.
Bad: Two of us got lost when trying to find the group. Saturday's is super-busy due to 1/2 price burgers

Edit 9/17/2012
Armadillo Willies @ Cupertino
Good: Decent food and enough seating. Tables can move together. It wasn't too too crowded shortly after 1. Saturdays are 1/2 burgers.
Bad: Lot is smallish. There is a large lot a few blocks away.

Please provide suggestions as for places to try.
Steve M.
user 31836732
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 1
Armadillo Willies was a great choice, I would also like to submit a few places close that offer similar experiences.

Smoke Eaters
10650 South De Anza Boulevard, Cupertino, CA
(408) 255-2214 ‎ · smoke-eaters.com

Aqui
10630 South De Anza Boulevard, Cupertino, CA
(408) 996-1443 ‎ · aquicalmex.com