There are two upcoming jQuery training classes being held in downtown Oakland, conveniently located above Bart. These are affordable classes designed for web developers, one for those looking to break into jQuery, and one for those who have been using it but want to expand their knowledge and really dive into what jQuery can do. The classes are described below.
Learn the basics of jQuery:
- Where to get the library from
- How to include it on your pages
- How to select elements on the page (Selectors)
- How to traverse and manipulate page elements (Traversing and DOM manipulation)
- Some utility/helper functions (Utilities)
- Very brief intros to Ajax and Events.
The second class is all about Event handling/binding and AJAX using jQuery.
- Working with Event Handlers
- Creating your own Events and Event namespaces
- Working with forms, including validation
- Using AJAX to make your pages responsive and interactive
- AJAX Deferreds and Callbacks
There are sure to be some Easter eggs in these classes that you won't want to miss. For more information, feel free to contact me directly at [address removed]
Eddie Monge Jr.