addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Live-Food Community Message Board › Raw Restaurant in Buffalo

Raw Restaurant in Buffalo

Aaron F.
Logic125
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 5
With regards to the raw restaurant idea Molly...There is a place for rent on the corner of Elmwood and Auburn, right across from the Coop! I called and spoke to the owner and he is asking for $800-$900 a month, I think depending on top or bottom floor. It is 1000 sq ft. He told me that it does need renovations and that it still needs zoning clearance, which as I understand it can cost as much as five grand. Overall I know very little about what it takes to open a restaurant, but seeing as we would not be needing a stove or any appliances that may cause a fire hazard, I would imagine that it would be substantially cheaper to get this started compared with other restaurants. We could all join together and each take a stake in the restaurant, the more money you invest the more shares you own - a cooperative raw restaurant. My naive guess is this operation would cost 30-40 grand to get started. I haven't checked out the inside of the place but this area is the perfect place to open a raw restaurant. It is on the wealthier side, attracts young people and older people alike, and the area is progressive. It is within a mile radius of several popular yoga clubs, not to mention the coop. This would really be an amazing thing. Who would be interested in partaking in such a project?

Love and Peace,

Aaron

P.S. Paul and Toni, what are your thoughts, since you have experience in these matters already...?
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Aaron and fellow "rawbies"

Just stumbled on this meet up, goodie :-)

I just wanted to add that I was just at a raw restaurant in Toronto this weekend, you may want to give it a visit.....see what their operation is like. It is fabulous!!!! I left there thinking this would soooooo be a hit in Buffalo.

It's called LIVE........on Dupont and Spadina. they have cooked food too but it is all organic vegetarian/vegan.

also there is another place in Toronto called Rawlicous.

Sounds great. I'll be first in line when you open the front door!!

Namaste,
Martha
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks for that info I go to Toronto quite often & will find there place !