Beginning Photography Message Board › Group Info
This is the 5th term that Beginning Photography is running. As the former co-organiser of this group, I'm glad to say that the group has grown a lot since we last begun in 2013.
I'm also thankful to have met some good friends here who have volunteered their time to organise outings in the group.
- Leonard [organising introductory photography workshops and walkabouts.]
- Xiao Ai [organising walkabout outings.]
- Zen [organising walkabout outings.]
- Robin [organising walkabout outings.]
- Alaric [organising macro and birding photography.]
- Benjamin [organising for landscape, sunrise, sunset outings.]
- Ovaltine [informal photography walkabouts]
- Poey [organising forest expeditions]
- Marcus [local Sony experienced user and admin support in the group.]
It has been a pleasure knowing everyone from this group.
Beginning Photography Activities
I plan to keep the organisation of the outings free-of-charge, and only workshops that involve the engagement of another skilled professional photographer/photoshopper might come with a minimal fee to cover costs of hiring the pros. Thus, the organisers here are organising because they like this group! (Welcomes new applications!)
Running and Funding the Group
The way the group is run is via a assistance system. If you are unsure, you will need to ask the organiser or the designated "sidekick" for assistance. If not asked, we will assume you already know your stuff and you are joining us just to shoot with kakis.
As some of you may know, running a meetup group comes with costs in order to keep the group alive. As it is, the current rate for keeping this meetup group alive each month is SGD$42. But no worries, with the current support from great members, this group is going to be around for at least the next 2 years.
Some Gentle Reminders for 2015 and onwards.
1. Please do keep all intent of attending the outings, workshops photography-related.
2. Expressing interest to attend does not grant you a place to join the outing, please RSVP when the organiser publishes their contact. It is up to the organiser's discretion to admit more attendees if they wish.
4. On RSVP-ing, you agree to either inform the organiser otherwise if you are unable make it, or change your attending status to "not attending" to give up your slot to others.
5. For outing crashers, and aeroplane flyers, the organisers will take note and check back with the other organisers. On 3 strikes, you will be removed from the group as you clearly work on your own terms and do not respect the volunteers who have put up their time to organise outings for the group.
6. Do not, on any circumstances, expect the organiser to give you VIP treatment.
7. Please bring your camera.
8. We have a informal whatsapp group, that you might be keen to join. To join, please contact the main admins.
9. For photographic activities that require a fair amount of exercise and risk, attendees are reminded to put your health foremost above everything else. We will be coming out with an indemnity form for some of the riskier activities. For these activities, please print out the form, sign and pass it to the organiser.
Thus, I'm proposing that we set up a $1 Gold Coin Fund, which I hope that each attendee of each meetup event can help to keep the group alive. Please drop the $1 to the organiser of the event at the end of the event or when you need to go off. We will not be imposing a collection portion as I feel it makes no sense to do so.
14 dollars collected on a November outing.
Our goal is to collect $128!
If any member has any queries, please drop a comment here in this discussion thread...Thanks!
P.S Please give a gold coin and not many cents. It can be quite heavy to lug around. The Sidekicks understands this.
The Beginning Photography Admin Team.
Edited by Leonard on Dec 27, 2015 9:53 AM