Looking for a fun way to end your day? Come join us on an intermediate speed cross tour ride that incorporates road, dirt road and single track! Strong mountain bikers are also welcome!
We'll start from Parilla Grill, and ride up Skyliner Road until the pavement ends at FS Road 4601. This is where we'll pay our dues as we'll ride uphill for several miles until we reach the Mrazek single track. Now the fun begins!
We'll have a blast navigating the turns, occasional loose dirt and a few rocks on Mrazek. When we reach FS Road 4606, we'll turn off (prior to the rock drops on Mrazek) and head over to the Phils trail system to ride Ben's back to the trail head. If we start running out of daylight, we'll head back on the road instead. Then it's a quick ride back to Parilla for a cold beverage and perhaps some dinner.
Please be sure to pack an extra tube or two as the possibility of pinch flats is ever present when embarking on this type of incredibly fun cross tour ride. This ride is not technical but does require a bit more concentration and bike handling skills on a cross bike than on a regular mountain bike, hence the advanced intermediate rating. We will regroup at all intersections so that no one is left behind.
I realize this type ride might have a limited appeal to many BACE members so if you're interested, don't be shy. Come join us! If you have questions, please email me through the meetup.
Ride Rating; Upper Intermediate; Endurance Rating E2.5, Technical Rating T3.0 (to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files"), estimate of 30 Miles and about 1200’ of climbing?. About 3.0 hours.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.