Looking for a fun way to end your day? Come join us on an intermediate speed, cross tour ride that incorporates road, dirt road and single track! Strong mountain bikers are also welcome!
We'll start from Forest Service road 41 and ride up Cascade Lakes Highway until Dutchman sno-park. Now the fun begins! We'll ride down the double track and single track to Swampy sno-park. Once there, we'll see if we have enough time for more single track! We can ride down the highway to Wanoga for a Funner descent or head back down the road if we're losing light. Sunset is at 6:44pm.
Please be sure to pack an extra tube or two as the possibility of pinch flats is ever present when embarking on this type of incredibly fun cross tour ride. This ride is not technical but does require a bit more concentration and bike handling skills on a cross bike than on a regular mountain bike, hence the advanced intermediate rating. We will regroup at all intersections so that no one is left behind.
After the ride, we can stop by Goodlife Brewery for a discounted beverage and perhaps some food. As the weather can change quickly at this time of year, please be sure to check back before the ride to see if there are any changes.
Ride Rating; Upper Intermediate; Endurance Rating E2.5, Technical Rating T3.0 (to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files"), As always....estimate of 30 Miles and about 1200’ of climbing? (LOL) About 3.0 hours.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.