How about a loop through the "high country" west of Bend? From Swampy Sno-Park (5700'), we'll head out Swampy trail to the shelter and enjoy a fast and fun descent down Southfork to Tumalo Falls. After a short break, up we go on Northfork to Happy Valley. Still want more climbing? We'll continue up Metolius-Windigo and make a stop at Big Meadow (7000'+). Continuing on, now over to Dutchman Sno-Park, where we start working our way downward via Vista and Butte Trails back to Swampy SP and the cars.
This ride could be considered advanced due to the duration of the climbs and the technical descents, but it will be done at an intermediate pace. Perfect for the advanced-intermediate rider, or the advanced rider more interested in seeing old growth forests than moving up the Strava ladder. Minimal stopping (short break after about each hour of riding), but it is not a race!
Ride Rating; Advanced-Intermediate; Endurance Rating E4.5, Technical Rating T4
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
25 Miles and about 3800’ of climbing. About 5 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.