Affectionately known as "Jay's Ride from Hail" by everyone who started it last August, we were cut short at Edison SP after THREE hail storms...so let's try it again! A fantastic shuttle ride that's 100% singletrack and 200% fun! This ride will leave the advanced-intermediate riders tired, but with a silly grin on our faces!
From Wanoga Sno-Park, we'll depart at 9:30am and shuttle up to Dutchman Sno-Park. From Dutchman, the Mt. Bachelor connector takes us to the Metolius-Windigo Trail for a fantastic singletrack run down to Lava Lake. At Lava Lake, we pick up the Edison-Lava Trail over to Edison Sno-Park. Using the recently completed Dinah-Moe-Hum & Tiddlywinks Trails, we'll return to Wanoga SP, where it's a short drive back to Dutchman to retrieve the cars before our return to town.
We'll make a meal stop along the way near Lava Lake, so bring lunch.
The distance and technical on this ride rate as Advanced. However, the pace will be intermediate, best for taking in the scenery. Participants should be sure they're up for a distance of 33.5 miles and several steep climbs later in the ride. Perfect for the advanced-intermediate rider....also great for the advanced rider who's more interested in experiencing great scenery than moving up the Strava rankings. This is a group ride and we will stop as needed to keep everyone together.
Feel free to contact me thru meetup with any questions concerning this ride!
Ride Rating; Advanced-Intermediate; Endurance Rating E4, Technical Rating T3.5
(to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files")
33.5 Miles and about 2800’ of climbing. About 5 hours
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.