addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bend Photographers Group Message Board Bend Photographers Group Discussion Forum › Meetup.com Website Fees - Please Read

Meetup.com Website Fees - Please Read

Robert C.
Bendeugene
Bend, OR
Dear Members,

As the organizer of the Bend Photographers Meetup Group, I initially made myself responsible for the Meetup.com "dues", as they call them. This is the fee that goes to Meetup.com for all the site and organizational tools at our group's disposal. I think it's a great site for us and a great value, as well. The cost for the last six months was partially paid for from a rollover from the last Organizer and other members; the balance was paid by me as the new Organizer.

A bill of $72 comes around on September 10th, which covers the costs of the site to us for the next six months. I don't want to charge a fee for each meetup event. I don't want to charge a fee for membership. But I do hope to see some social awareness in the same way I like to see equity in food contributions and consumption at our events. It was much better at the last event – thanks to all who brought things to share!!! Jill and I provide plates, cups, napkins, etcetera, as well as food. Lynnea Miller, owner and my Principal Broker at Bend Premier Real Esate is now graciously providing the wonderful space for us to use, along with that great monitor! Please say thanks by liking us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/bendpremierrealestate­.

I am going to ask that the website fees be covered as much as possible by the members who come to the events we enjoy as a group. I'm not going to force anyone to contribute, and I don't want to see one person show up with a blank check. The point is a social one: there are at least 15, if not 20 to 25 regulars in the group. If 15 people contribute $5 (the price of 2 cups of coffee or a bit more than a gallon of gas) we've got the dues covered until March. Some of you have given me money over the last six months. You know who you are and please do not feel obligated to contribute again. I'm going to have a hat at the next couple of meetups for donations. The hat will disappear when we get to $72. I'm not in this for profit.

Your Organizer,

Robert Curzon

Barbara T.
BarbTUSA
Redmond, OR
Post #: 15
As you requested, I "Liked" your real estate firm's Facebook page, Robert. I have not been able to attend meetings yet but when I am, you should know you can count on me to hit the 'tip' jar. Was actually hoping to attend the September one but saw it was already full.

I was a Meetup organizer for a long while and my corporation paid the organizer fees as they were easy to justify as a business expense. Meetup allows and encourages group sponsorship. Something to think about, anyway. I am grateful to your broker for supporting the space and think the firm should be listed as an in-kind contributing Sponsor of our group. I would be happy to help you sell the idea to other prospective sponsors when I'm feeling better. smile