I'm listing this and inviting Creating the Future members, since this will include a short featuring one of our members which I produced. Here are details.
Yes We C.A.N., a new network for social, economic, and practical change is hosting its next gathering of community and business leaders, speakers, teachers, and catalysts for change on September 21, 2010 from 7-10 p.m. at the Waterfront Hotel at Jack London Square in Oakland.
The gathering will include the group’s latest projects, including:
- a new TV series, EXPRESSIONS FOR PEACE;
- a TV pilot for the VERY NEXT NEW THING TV show, featuring Michael Rogers, talking about creating a collaborative democracy based on a corporate model, and Vic Kley, talking about the Terraspan, a new supersonic form of transportation;
- PEACE OUT, a humorous short about how efforts to create a peace event lead to an escalating confrontation before everyone comes to their senses,
- clips from THE REDEMPTION OF RICHMOND and teenagers from the Juvenile Justice team
- a 1-2 minute pilot for a documentary based on the growing sport of geocaching.
C. A. N. is an acronym for Community Action Network, a new meeting group like MeetUp that creates events and actions in the community to promote social, economic, and practical change for the underserved Bay Area communities.
The filmmakers from United Media Productions, a newly formed 501(c)(3) company, will be hosting the event along with Changemakers Productions, Slade Digital, and Collins-Management.
United Media Productions has planned a night of special screenings of trailers and music DVD’s to share. Speakers include Producers Stephanie Slade, Sharon Collins, and Gini Graham Scott. John ‘Ras Kidus’ Cornelius will provide special Jamaican style music.
The event will be held at the Waterfront Hotel in the Spinnaker or Regatta Room, at Jack London Square in Oakland. There is parking on the street or in the nearby parking facility. The donation is $10.
RSVP to be added to the guest list.
If with the press, contact:
United Media Productions