addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Berlin Social Activities and Events Message Board › Tomorrow Night's Book Club

Tomorrow Night's Book Club

Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Hi everyone,

We have a lot of people RSVPed for tomorrow's book club - please update your RSVP to a "no" if you're not going to make it. Normally book clubs have just 10 or so people, so we can split into mini-groups if need be. I was only able to reserve space for 15 of us to sit down in a semi-clump since I couldn't promise people will have dinner there. (Note there is space to fit all of us, just not all 35 of us all in the exact same area - no place can promise that)

Let's all meet up at the main bar inside Prater Garten at 8pm so we can know "who's Meetup" and who isn't. I'll be the Tall Guy in the black pullover and jeans, and probably my blue Yankees baseball hat. Say hi to me so I can check you of the RSVP list.

By 8:30 we'll move to sitting down in smaller groups to start talking. If the crowd is big enough some of us can stand up at the bar to talk too.

In general, Hayley and I would like to get as much input as possible as far as how we all can have a book club together and what that should entail. So come with ideas even if you haven't read the book. But if you haven't read the book, if need be, please give up a chair to someone who has. The book has been listed on this website for more than a month and some people have really applied themselves to get it, read it, and think about it, so please don't just plop down and take up space if you haven't come prepared (he said lovingly :)

While Prater Garten has a kitchen, I would suggest you eat dinner beforehand in order to get that out of the way. Nibbly bits can be ordered after the meeting for people looking to stick around (ie, me).

Also please come with thoughts for what our next book should be. Should we stick with Berlin books for a little bit longer? Or, should we move to books from that era (Hemingway?), or completely take a left turn in another direction? I can take down a list of suggested books and then run a Poll via Meetup for everyone to vote on what the next book should be. (50 Shades of Anything will not be on the list I can tell you that much ;)

If you need me tomorrow my cell is 0176-538-2-6473. Text is best as I never hear the thing ring and have no idea how to get voice mail. If you text please give me your name too :)

Chris