addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
user 7301808
Appleton, WI
Post #: 6
Not sure what is being discussed at the meetings but could we post our favorite recipes out here or is there somewhere else we could post them?
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, Wendi!

Absolutely! I think everyone would be thrilled to see some good recipes posted here. The message board is a great place for it, so feel free.

Recipes are also ALWAYS welcome at meetings!

Thank you for suggesting this.

A former member
The boxed brownies I made were Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie Mix. You can buy them at the Free Market in Appleton.
Jill W.
user 2509993
New London, WI
This is the link to the carrot cake recipe. I never said it was healthy. :) I did use vegan ingredients though!

A former member
Post #: 3
Quinoa Loaf with Mushrooms and peas
From WholeFoods
A former member
Post #: 2

Kitcheri provides nourishment for the body and also benefits digestion. This makes kitcheri a food of choice for times of stress on the body, such as during a change of seasons, periods of overwork and during illness, or also just when needing a simple delicious dish. It is a particularly good choice of food for a mono-diet during an internal cleansing regime. The recipe below is a basic and easy one to start with, and it is balancing to all constitutions.

Ingredients: Serves 4

1/2 C Mung dahl (yellow or split)- 2 tsp diced fresh ginger
1/2 C White Basmati rice- 1.5 tsp Fennel seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds- 1 tsp Coriander pwd
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds - 2 tsp Turmeric pwd
1-2 T Ghee or coconut oil- 1/4 tsp cinnamon pwd
1-2 tsp Sea salt - 1/2 tsp cardamon pwd

In a 2 quart pot, add 1-2 T of ghee or coconut oil, let heat on medium for few minutes. Then add fresh ginger- saute for 2 min and then ALL seeds. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until seeds are “crackling”. Add coriander powder and saute for 1 minute. Add mung dahl and basmati rice and stir for 3 minutes. Pour in enough water to reach 1- 2 inches above the rice/dahl mixture. Add salt, turmeric, cardamon powder now. YUMMY OPTION- toss in 1 C cubed veggies such as yams, sweet potatoes, carrots. Cover pot with lid allowing for a little steam to release.

Cook the kitcheri on LOW heat for about 35-45 minutes. Serve with a tsp of ghee !!

A former member
Post #: 22
Cranberry Sauce

2 cup fresh cranberries
1 apple
1/2 cup orange juice (from about 1 1/2 Valencia oranges)
6 dates
2 tablespoons agave
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons psyllium husk (optional, makes it jell more and adds fiber)
1 or 2 bananas
1/4 cup broken raw pecans

Process first 6 ingredients in blender until smooth. Add Psyllium husk. Blend a little then let sit for a minute or two. Blend a little more. Pour over sliced bananas. Sprinkle pecans on top.

Based on a recipe from Sue Broeren's $5 Recipe Book. Sue's variation is a bit simpler and easier to make. Like most of her recipes, she uses ingredients that most people would already have on hand. See her book for the original and a couple variations.

Fudge Brownies

This is based on a recipe from The Lazy Raw Foodist.
Reprinted there with permission from Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2.

• 3 cups walnuts (I used macadamia & almonds)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 20 pitted medjool dates
  • 2/3 cup cacao powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 teaspoons water
  • ~1 cup fresh berries and/or walnut pieces for garnish

• Place the nuts and salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process
    until finely ground.
  • Add the dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
  • Add the water and process briefly.
  • Transfer to a serving plate and form into a 9-inch round cake.
  • Chill for 2 hours.
  • Decorate the cake and plate with fresh raspberries or top before serving.

Covered with plastic wrap, this will keep for three days in the refrigerator or two weeks in the freezer. Bring to room temperature before serving.
A former member
Post #: 2
There is a new vegan magazine that's awesome!

A former member
Post #: 4
If you are interested in healthy vegan Indian dishes, check out
A former member
Post #: 4
Here's the "cheesecake" I brought to the potluck:­

Here are the recipes for the stuffing, which I brought, and my cashew gravy (which Patrick made for the potluck):­­