Data Masters and Big Data Folk!
It's been a while since the last meetup but we're back (June 20th), rebooted with a continued focus on technical discussions, sharing, networking, general community support and ongoing regular meetups now every 2nd month, 20th of the month or as close to as possible.
We have some new sponsors for the scheduled meetup on Thursday, June 20th, 2013.
1. Hewlett Packard (Big Data Consulting) - Major Sponsor - All Food and drink, some giveaways and future presentations - http://www8.hp.com/au/en/business-services/it-services.html?compURI=1240568
2. Adventure Capital - Venue (YBF) and Facilities (thanks AC guys!) - http://adventurecapital.vc/
3. Cloudera - http://www.cloudera.com
4. Contexti - http://www.contexti.com
5. DataLynx - http://www.datalynx.com.au
Topic of the Night - 'Real-time in a Big Data world'
The agenda below is just a framework for the night so we can be relatively flexible based on the general consensus on the night.
6.20pm - 6.30pm Registration
6.30pm - 6.35/40pm Welcome - Fernando Paul
6.40pm - 7.25/30pm Speaker #1 (Vendor): John Zantey - Cloudera Champion from Contexti representing Cloudera - Presenting on Cloudera Impala.
7.30pm - 7.50pm - Food (Pizza/Finger Foods) and Drinks (20 mins)
7.50pm - 8.20pm - Speaker #2 (Non Vendor/Customer/User): 'Available atm'
8.20pm - 8.30pm - Final words - Fernando Paul
8.30pm-9.00pm - Networking/Food and Drink cont…
9.00pm - close
As the 7.50pm-8.20pm speaker #2 spot is up for grabs, contact me ASAP [masked] or [masked]) if interested in presenting on your experience/new technologies/use cases/innovative ideas, etc...related to 'topic of the night'.
Looking forward to meeting you on the night, invite a friend to become a member, particpate, network, munch on some free finger food and learn about all things Big Data Analytics. I'll definately be learning.
Till then, enjoy, see you soon!