Hear about the latest SQL for Hadoop features in InfoSphere BigInsights component called Big SQL. It introduces a shared-nothing database architecture that leverages state of the art relational database technology from IBM. It provides a logical view of the data by allowing storage and management of metadata and a view of query compilation.
There is a leap forward with massive parallel processing SQL engine. It deploys directly on the physical Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) cluster. It introduces 'beyond Map Reduce' low latency parallel execution infrastructure that can access Hadoop data natively for reading and writing.
This session requires prior understanding of Hive relational database, SQL querying and Hadoop/MapReduce capabilities.
Download InfoSphere BigInsights Quick Start VM to get started on Big SQL capability.
5:30 - 6:00 pm Registration/Refreshments
6:00 - 6:15 pm Introduction to Hadoop - BigInsights
6:15 - 6:30 pm SQL for Hadoop & Hive Landscape
6:30 - 7:15 pm IBM SQL Querying
-What is it?
7:15 - 7:30 pm Questions/Next Steps
Please RSVP. Seats are limited.
Address: 3039 East Cornwallis Rd., Durham, NC 27709
1) Take I-40 West and take the Davis Dr. Exit #280. Turn right at the ramp.
3) Go 1.2 miles on Davis Drive to stoplight at Cornwallis Rd.
4) Go straight and enter IBM property through the Main Gate Visitor Entrance.
5) Inform security you are going to B002 Main Lobby.
6) Follow signs to Executive Briefing Centers and park at B002 visitor lot.