Big Data Week Message Board › Big Data Week is over and took me a while to catchup.

Big Data Week is over and took me a while to catchup.

Stewart T.
user 4087854
Group Organizer
Manchester, GB
Good Morning,

So Big Data Week is over and what a week it was with over 1000 attendees in the UK alone over 10 events it was a frantic and demanding week but I hope you learnt one new thing or met someone new
to share knowledge and experience.

Big Data Week - Highlights

*US CTO - Todd Parker hosted a live Twitter QA as part of Big Data Week
*Hilary Mason, Doug Cutting, Nick Halstead, Edd Dumble and Andy Kirk take part in a debate to 200+ people.
*Data Science Hackathon has 200+ attendees across three continents and 118 submissions.
*A data scientist in Australia won the global prize for the hackathon.

The video content from the most of the events will start to go live next week, and please subscribe to the blog to keep abreast of news around Big Data in Europe from myself and Carlos.

Can you share the survey and complete it yourself this will help shape future events also check out the pictures from the week and if you couldn't make an event all the speakers videos from the events will be made available on the blog in the next week or so, and a set of interviews with the panelists from the Big Data Week Community meetup, also check out the summary blog post.

A massive thank you to our supporters for the week who without we wouldn't have eaten, drank or had venues.

Supporters - DataSift, Oracle, EMC, O'Reilly, Canonical, Forward, FaceGroup

To much to update in one email but some great coverage from the WSJ, articles written by attendees of the events themselves, some lovely messages of thanks for organising events and lots of pictures (if you took any pictures at events could you put them on our pinterest board, or flickr group)

So if you want to know whats coming next, well here is a sneak preview.

Big Data London meetup - May 14th

Hadoop User Group UK - May 22nd

Data Science London - May 23rd

Music Data Science Day - May 28th

Music Data Science Hackcamp - June 23rd

I'm working on a few surprises for the community as well, but in the meantime keep an eye on the Big Data Week blog for news on events, speakers videos, interviews and general news on Big Data in Europe.

As usual would love your feedback, what would you like next? What could be better? Can you help support a event, want to speak at one? Email me with all the above and anything else that springs to mind.

Regards

Stewart