BioCurious Message Board › BioCurious Youth Club.

BioCurious Youth Club.

A former member
Post #: 137
BioCurious Youth Club.

Youth members (grade 5 and above) of the Hacker BioCurious Youth Club, have an opportunity to learn teamwork, engineering, programming, problem solving, and critical thinking skills all while having fun! Students learn important (Bio, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) concepts that can help them throughout their academic and professional careers. Club members use robotics tools to build robots and machines, program them to perform specific tasks, troubleshoot problems, and refine their strategies to address practical challenges. Beginners start with the basics using tutorials and our special curriculum. They learn sound construction methods, programming and become familiar with the various components of systems. Once they have mastered the essential concepts, they'll discover increasingly sophisticated designs by building robots to complete a number of project-oriented tasks, each designed to improve their programming and engineering skills.

Reviews from other youth robotics clubs:
Chuck - Finally, [my son] has found something he is good at and enjoys. Roger - My daughter didn't know if she would have fun, but she loves it and now she is all excited about engineering. Denise - My son said that yesterday and said it was the best day of his life. Crystal - My 9 year old son learned a lot and had a wonderful time. Alison - It was certainly one of the best experiences of his year, and just what grandparents want to offer as a treat for their grandchildren.