Insurance BizWorkshop: Cover your @$$ for Pennies on the Dollar
A Morning Workshop for Tech Companies, Startups, and Small Businesses on
Covering Your Butt When Things Go Wrong.
Friday, March 1, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Location: Diversified Insurance, 2 Hamill Road Baltimore, MD 21210
Price: Register by Feb. 27, 2013 and get in for $15. $20 after that.
(Caffeine & Carbohydrates included)
Just because you are a startup or a small business doesn’t mean that things can’t go wrong. And when those things go wrong… they can really go wrong. Your assets can disappear in a flood or a fire. Your servers can go down and your customers can sue you out of existence. A contractor can do work and cause damage to a client’s property, and you can be held at fault. A customer might require that you hold $2 million dollars of liability coverage and name them as an insured. Oh, and have employees? How about workers compensation. Not to mention protection from intellectual property infringement and lawsuits.
The beauty of insurance is that it’s there to protect you when things go wrong. And it doesn’t always need to cost an arm and a leg. In this BizWorkshop, we’ll bring one of the area’s most advanced and notable firms in the insurance field to help you figure out what you need, how little or much coverage you need to cover those risks, and how to save a bundle doing it. Indeed, cover your butt for pennies on the dollar.
What we’ll cover:
- General Liability
- Real & Personal Property
- Business Income
- Inland Marine
- Equipment breakdown
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Auto Liability or Non-Owned & Hired Auto Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Management Liability
- Professional Liability
- Cyber Liability
- International Insurance
- Patent Infringement/Media Liability
- Key Person Insurance
- Buy / Sell and Insurance to Cover Death of a Principal
The Boot Camp will be led by Melissa Burk of Diversified Insurance Industries, Inc.
Diversified is located in the Village of Cross Keys. The Village is located on Falls Road between Cold Spring Lane and Northern Parkway.
Directions to Diversified Insurance Industries – Conference Room
• From Northern Parkway, travel south on Falls road approximately .7 miles and turn right at the light into the Village-there is a gatehouse at the entrance but you can just pull through the right hand lane-there is no need to stop.
• After entering the gatehouse, turn left.
• Turn right at the stop sign, past the shops, satellite employee parking and tennis barns.
• You will then see a gated parking lot on the right. Pass this lot and follow the road as it passes alongside a brick building. This will drop you into the public parking lot
• Park toward the back of the lot (closest to the Jones Falls)
• As you look at the buildings, we are in the building on the far left-the West Building. Follow the sidewalk between the West and South buildings. Our Building is on the left with the concrete steps and double doors. Enter the building through these doors and our conference room access is the first set of brown doors on the right. They are not marked as our actual reception area is on the first floor, however this entrance will be accessible for this meeting.
• Should you need to access our lobby, go down the stairs* (door to stairs is located across from the elevator), at the bottom of the stairs, make a left, we are the office with the glass doors directly across from the elevator.
*You may also take the elevator to the first floor. Doors will open directly across from our office.