Black Professionals of Greater Lafayette Message Board Community Message Board › BPGL Event Reminder + Other Area Happenings...

BPGL Event Reminder + Other Area Happenings...

Ashley S.
user 53549422
Lafayette, IN
Hey Folks!
Just wanted to remind you that tonight is the first Meet + Greet we've had in a while. Can't wait to see you downtown at Ichiban (corner of 4th & South Streets) at 7pm. It's a nice, lounge environment with great drinks and of course fun friends!
Also coming up in the area...
*August 16th - Hannah Fest is this Saturday from Noon-5pm located at 1201 N 18th St, Lafayette, 47904, (phone) 765-742-0191. If you have a business, booths are still available for $50. Email me if you're interested. It's a local community festival honoring a long standing non-profit organization in the former "Black Neighborhood" of Lafayette. It's a fun annual event and very kid friendly.
*August 17th - Indianapolis White Party (this Sunday) a legendary party that used to happen regularly in the Indianapolis Area but I believe this will be the last one so get your tickets ASAP if you'd like to go!
*August 23rd - Uptown Jazz & Blues Festival is a local street festival and of all the street festivals that happen in Lafayette, IN this is BY FAR my favorite one. It's smooth, as soulful as street festivals get in this area, and offers a great evening of live music and adult refreshments. It's also kid friendly, but use this as a date night or bring a group of friends!
*September 3rd - Discover Your Real Colors Workshop is being hosted by one of our members. If you're not familiar, Real Colors is an excellent professional development tool. Visit her website to learn more.
NOTE: If you ever want to spread the word about upcoming events please use our community message board feature on the web version of meetup.com­. Unfortunately you can't access it from your mobile phone but visit the site on your computer and share with the group different happenings around town.
Random: Ivy Tech is hiring for
See you tonight­ at 7pm!
Thanks,
Ashley G. Scott