Bluffton Relax and Create Message Board › Meetup on Friday Sept. 20th - Egg Shell Mosaic Technique with Alcohol Inks -

Meetup on Friday Sept. 20th - Egg Shell Mosaic Technique with Alcohol Inks - for Jewelry or small objects

Dawn Gaye/JD C.
dawn-jdcreative
Bluffton, SC

Hey Partners in Craft - Let's please get in some responses for this coming Friday evening so we know if we're on! A yes or no will do it!
These pieces look so gorgeous.  Love the cracked look of mosaic, the transparent hues of alcohol ink.... put them together for a big WOW.  And, if jewelry is not your thing, bring a small item to eggshell mosaic on. It's really the technique that is so beautiful here.  A small box, bowl, votive, candle stick holder, incense holder, picture frame, handle - as in letter opener, serving utensil, nail file, make up brush, crochet hook, etc.  Use your imagination & you'll come up with something for a great gift or a great little artsy piece for yourself. You can find resin jewelry blanks at the store, or make yourself some from clay. Metal or wood would be fine too, or even a domino or other game piece.  Hair combs, hair bands, and big barrettes  work well with the technique.

Eggshells.  Must bring eggshells. And color doesn't matter. Here is how you'll prepare them. (Please have prepared prior to the meetup)   1. Rinse the shells out.   2. Soak in water with a little bleach or few drops anti-bacterial soap over night.   3. Remove the membrane on the back of the shell.   4. Dry thoroughly and bring in baggies cushioned with paper towels.

Last item: Alcohol Inks.  If you have them - great - bring along. If you need to get them, I do know Michaels has Ranger Adirondack packs 3 for $10.  Two or 3 of you could go in on them if you want.

I have glue and sandpaper.
If you don't want to stain your fingers, better bring gloves.
If you are doing jewelry and want matching beads, bring some cheap pearls you can color with the inks.
And if making something wearable, bring whatever findings and beads necessary.
Here are ideas for mosaic jewelry: http://www.flickr.com...­
Here are ideas for other items using eggshell mosaic:  http://www.flickr.com...­
(Check out the ornaments!)

Dawn
user 49452772
Bluffton, SC
Post #: 1
I am still available for Friday night. I would like to go in together with the ink. We could meet up at Michael's or I can pick it up for us.