Board Gamers Club of Sarasota Message Board Miscellaneous discussion › Happy New year everyone from Board gamers club of Sarasota

Happy New year everyone from Board gamers club of Sarasota

Scott Hill
Skotakollr
Group Organizer
Sarasota, FL
Well Here we are, next year.

Please note I will be having a scrabble competition on January 7th, along with several other games we have already played so members can have a chance to play what we have already learned. Thanks to the several people who made that suggestion. Any scrabble players not rsvp'd please feel free to come on over and have fun.

I have not heard from anyone about pot luck so if I do not get some reply's By The 4th of January, I will have to request that everyone be prepared to deal with Dinner, ad hock as needed. Pizza strikes are common and other things can be done such as Apple-bees drive through, Walmart or Publix deli. and so on I just want everyone to be prepared for whatever we will be doing.

I need a little assistance with drinks, cans seem to be the most easy way to handle this so, if you want to please bring a 12 pack or 18 pack of whatever you like, that will help a lot.

I see that we have several Monopoly players coming on the 7th, so everyone who might like to get a monopoly game in might want to consider attending. I will be opening up several more spots so more can attend.

I also see two Backgammon Players are going to attend so that game is available for them to enjoy.

We will have Ad Astra, Settlers of Catan and Carcassonne available to play.

I would like to see how everyone likes Life adventures the card game, and of course escalation and mille bournes is always here.

Don't forget we have several open board game days this month at the two library locations and there are short sessions at my home on Fridays from 6 till 11 pm most weeks, please check the meet up on the home page here to make sure something is going on, if not you may always e-mail Jim or I to see if there is an ad hock game night going on here or nearby. Anyone is always welcome at my home. Parking will be the major issue at my home but we have dealt with 10 people so we should be OK with 14-16.

I hope everyone has a great week, and a better year than last year. Thanks for joining Board gamers club of Sarasota. And I hope to meet all of you and continue to have a lot of fun playing board games with all of you all through this next year.

Scott 2-IC
A former member
Post #: 4
Scott,

You are the greatest, and thank you for letting us use your home for the meetups. Also, we will be planning meetups at other locations such as Applebees, Evies Tavern, and Starbucks to name a few.

I have decided to begin compiling a list of board games that our members feel comfortable teaching to others. I have been taught how to play several board games within the passed couple of months, and would not have been able to learn them without the great teachers who have taught them to me. Therefore, respond to this post with a board game that you would feel confident with teaching to the rest of us. This can be any type of board game that you would like to have fun teaching while playing. So, let us know!
A former member
Post #: 5
P.S-Thanks to Natalie and Mirabella toobiggrin
Scott Hill
Skotakollr
Group Organizer
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 24
We need a rummy cube teacher and sadly I have forgotten how to play Backgammon even though I own a board...