Burgers Beer & Board Games Message Board › Group Merger: PLEASE READ

Group Merger: PLEASE READ

Victor R.
user 11315202
Lafayette, CO
Hi all,

We have decided to merge our group with Boulder Board Games Galore http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Board-Games-Galore/­.  While we will be closing the Burgers, Beer, and Board Games meetup group, this is not the end of the group, but instead is a transformation of it.  Many of you are already members of BBGG and know it to be full of fun people who meet often to play games, mostly in Gunbarrel and Lafayette, but also in Longmont, Boulder proper, and Broomfield.  Most of the meetups are held at members' homes and include a BYOB potluck, but sometimes they are held at public locales.

The decision to merge with them should benefit our members because their gatherings usually have more attendees (typically around 20 depending on the location), meaning more people playing a wider variety of games.  If you're not already a member, I encourage you to join the group (you can click on the link above to do so).  Do make sure to RSVP when you want to come to a meetup because they often fill up.

I am an event organizer with BBGG and will continue to host events at my home, although they may not always be on Wednesdays.  If it's important to you to meet on Wednesdays, let me know.  Also, Bansi (the creator of BBGG) has the group set up so that anyone can suggest a meetup at any time and can offer to host it if they wish.

This coming Wednesday (November 7) might be the last official meetup exclusively for the Burgers, Beer, and Board Games group, so make sure to come by!  It will be at my home in Lafayette.  If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me or to post in the "Group Merger" thread under discussions.  Also, if anyone feels strongly about wanting to maintain a separate Burgers, Beer, and Board Games group and wants to step up to organize and pay for it (fees are due on 11/7), send me a private message.

We know there have been a lot of changes to the group lately, and we thank you all for your patience during this time of transition.  If you're not sure about Boulder Board Games Galore, I encourage you to give it a chance.  It really is a great group of folks, and the meetups are always a lot of fun.

Happy gaming!

-Victor