addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Melbourne Boardgames group (party and strategy games) Message Board › Eurogames: How to play Strategy Games

Eurogames: How to play Strategy Games

Glenn G.
user 55067942
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 1
Hello,

I'm super new to this group but thought I'd mention a show that features a different board game each episode (that most of you probably already know about), not necessarily a 'how-to' video but a show of a bunch of people playing a game so you can sort of learn as you watch. I watched the settlers of catan episode recently which really helped me pick it up quickly when I played it for the first time last night.

http://tabletop.geeka...­

Glenn
Solomon M. G.
user 23279331
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 8

Table top gaming which showcases a program hosted by Will Wheaton (best known for his portrayals of Wesley Crusher on the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation) has been going for about 6 months now and has lead to a resurgence of interests in boardgames in the US. Problem is, that some of the games he will feature may not be available here at a reasonable cost if at all.

Your best resource for all things gaming, whether Party Game, EuroGame, Ameritrash or other is BoardGameGeek where you can find everything about every game including the things you were afraid to ask. Many of the games released in the past 5 years have how to videos which can be located there or rules if necessary, along with FAQ's and rules Q&A.

You will also find in all the groups here that newcomers to all games are always welcome. It is common that someone new to a game plays in most games we play and many hands take it upon themselves to teach others.

By example, this month alone, I have played 21 different games, 11 of which were new taking my tally for the year to 102 different games (66 new). June 18 distinct plays (7 new), May 25 distinct games (11 new), you get the general idea. Many of the games I play will only be played once, many will be played again, it all depends upon what is on offer and who wants to play at the time.

This is to illustrate that we are all new at some point to a game so there is no reason to fear be new.

p.s. the stats, how I can I know these things ? Answer: I don't, I use BoardGameGeek and log these plays to give me the feedback on game plays.

Christopher
user 11666442
Group Organizer
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 58
I'm glad some folks watch TableTop ... when I promoted it on the Cafe Games Facebook Page, it was met with a resounding silence!

(Though, perhaps people were off watching it instead of saying anything!)

Christopher