addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boards and Brews Message Board › Please Remember to Update your RSVPs

Please Remember to Update your RSVPs

Drey M.
Drey
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
I've received some complaints about no-shows to recent meetups. So this is just a friendly reminder to update your RSVP if your plans change.
For all the new people, you might be involved in other Meetups where a "yes" RSVP means "I like the *idea* of this meetup. I can kind of visualize myself going and, if nothing better is going on, I might actually show up." At Boards and Brews, a "yes" RSVP means "Unless I am in a car accident en route to the meetup, I will be there."
When you RSVP "yes" and then don't show up, here is what happens at the meetup: We're all sitting around the table, the game is set up and ready to go. We check the time. "Let's give them a few more minutes." We compare your meetup photo with people in the crowd, thinking maybe you don't know we're over here. We wait some more. Around 7PM we decide to go ahead and start without you. Meanwhile, the people on the waiting list could have played instead.
It takes just a few seconds to change your RSVP if you can't make it. If RSVPs are closed, please leave a comment on the page for the meetup.

Thanks,
Drey