addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston's Decentralized Autonomous Organization Development Message Board › Singularity Network and Strong Artificial Intelligence

Singularity Network and Strong Artificial Intelligence

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

For anyone here who may not be aware of these two great FB pages, I highly recommend them. The first has just passed the 1400 member mark and is growing. It is called the Singularity Network and has a high daily flow of information, both from the SN page and from members, who are free to comment and contribute their own links. The information includes any links and comments that deal with brand new tech as it relates to Transhumanism, Artificial Intelligence, and any subjects that have a place in forwarding the advancement of both. It is a fantastic source of information.

The second FB page I recommend is called Strong Artificial Intelligence, and has just been created a few weeks ago, but already has about 170 members. This group is a sister site to the Singularity Network, but the people there try to focus discussions of the mathematical precepts and specifics on subjects dealing primarily with SAI/AI/AGI issues, and Transhuman subjects less so.

Both FB pages will provide a lot of exciting ideas for discussion at meetings in Cambridge.

Both sites primarily consist of researchers, scientists, coders, and other experts, (although there are some not in those categories. )

The links are:

Singularity Network: techsingularity@groups.facebook.com and

Strong Artificial Intelligence: strongartificialintelligence@groups.face­book.com

Hope to see you in there. :)

Kevin Haskell

John B.
user 8624215
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
Kevin,
Your FB page link on Strong Artificial Intelligence", was broken for me. Could you check it, it sounds interesting.

Bad link:
Strong Artificial Intelligence: strongartificialintelligence@groups.face­book.com

There is another, but it has no content.
http://www.facebook.c...­

-John Bottoms
A former member
Post #: 3
John,

You are right. Let me give it a check and see why that is happening, and I'll get back to you. Thanks for letting me know.

Kevin
A former member
Post #: 4
To the group,

Please hold off checking those two Facebook sites that I provided (and which I am in) unless you are already in Facebook. If you ARE in FB already, by all means, come by. You just need to read the rules when you get there, and hit the request tab to enter. Any member who invites another member will see the notification and grant entry when they next see it. The SAI group will require it, but I don't think the SN group will. Even if SN requires it, I check it almost daily, and will get you in there.

But I am going to try to see if there is a way for everyone in our meet-up group to access those pages even while outside FB, if for no other reason so that you can at least view the . Incidentally, the another reason I am doing this, in addition to the online exchange of ideas between the groups, is because there may be many people in those two groups within a close enough radius to join up in our meet-up group and connect in person.

Thanks for your patience! (And thanks again for the heads-up, John.)

Kevin

A former member
Post #: 6
For the Strong AI group, you can access it with this link :
http://www.facebook.c...­