General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design. We offer classes, workshops, courses, and events in 10 markets worldwide, including: Berlin, Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Sydney. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to spur innovation through increased digital fluency and
more effective approaches to collaboration. Visit http://generalassemb.... to learn more.
We are looking for:
An instructor to teach the Web Development Immersive course, in which students acquire the skills of an entry-level web developer.
Why Teach at General Assembly?
Be the leader of a unique education experience. Whether students are seeking to change careers or expand their repertoire, our students learn by doing and apply what they learn to their daily lives – right away. Our instructors are a part of a diverse community of top practitioners with wide ranging backgrounds who are driven to bring the industry to their students’ practice. Some of the benefits include:
• Take part in community events with a dynamic group of fellow instructors, entrepreneurs, students, and General Assembly staff.
• Play a key role in helping students level up or get hired for high impact jobs in the field.
• Get instructional resources to help you best meet your students’ needs. You don’t need to have taught before (but it’s great if you have!).
Skills and Qualifications
• You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of web developers.
• You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
• You have 4 -5 years of web development experience.
• You have previous web development or engineering teaching experience, through a course, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Teach eight hours a day, five days a week, for 12 weeks.
• Work closely with two – three teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
• Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
• Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
• Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
• Assist students outside of class as necessary.
Interested? Contact email@example.com
Edited by Matt Brendzel on Mar 12, 2013 10:32 PM