Boston HTML5 Game Development Message Board › Idea: HTML5 web based game builder

Idea: HTML5 web based game builder

A former member
Post #: 1
I find myself having copious amounts of free time on the weekends and evenings. I am considering putting that time to work on building a completely web based HTML5 game builder.

Consider, you click to create a new game board, it opens in a new window. You then browse the user contributed library of "objects" which range from player characters to enemies to a piece of gravel. You drag the "object" into your game board to register it (we could monetize this process). Then you use the mouse to place the object into your game board.

I woke up this morning flowing with design ideas and how to store all this data. I am an architecture guy. I have a server running on Amazon EC2 right now which we can use for development. I work primarily in ColdFusion and have no problem developing the back end, including user interfaces for the CRUD systems. As for creating the game logic and interfaces I could use some help from some people that actually work with HTML5 games. I understand the concepts but have not actually created one myself, that part isnt as interesting to me as developing an engine to create them.

I would like to meet up with anyone who is interested in discussing the feasibility and methods for creating such a project. Once we get some base framework in place, or even the designs down I can see presenting this to the group for opinions and ideas. At this point this is not a startup, it is simply a fun project for the side, I currently am not even looking to make a profit just contribute to the community and get more people interested in development.

I work M-F ~9-6

~Ryan Kahn