Please register for this event at this link.
In this workshop you will learn how to develop Windows 8 apps based on well-known web service API's such as Twitter, Meetup, ESPN, EchoNest and data from the World Health Organization WHO. Your app could entertain or even change the world. This workshop is great for students, hobbyists and professional developers who want to learn the basics of app development and publish their first app to the store.
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
1. Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
2. Windows 8 (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
3. Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 (free)
4. Scirra Construct 2 (free version)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum, but with your first published app, your cost is covered via the Keep The Cash promotion (subject to Terms and Conditions)!
Lastly, for continued learning and access to other programs focused on Windows 8 and Windows Phone development, we highly recommend signing up for the free App Builder program.