Boston Night Out Message Board › Whitewater Rafting Release Dates!

Whitewater Rafting Release Dates!

A former member
Post #: 68
Hey Everyone,

I know it's still really early to be thinking about whitewater rafting seeing as we haven't even really hit the heart of ski/snowboard season yet, but... I just wanted to let everyone know that the release dates for 2012's white water rafting season have been released. I hope to plan several trips this year up to Maine, including all three rivers: Kennebec, Dead, and my favorite Penobscot.

Right now, Three Rivers Whitewater is offering 40% off rafting trips if booked now!

Here are the dates so far the Dead and Kennebec Rivers, please let me know if you have any interest in any specific dates so we can start planning.

Dead River High Water Release Dates:
All dates except Labor Day weekend are $99 pp for 1 day trips
May 5: 7000 CFS (First Blast)
May 12: 7000 CFS
May 27: 5500 CFS
June 2: 5000 CFS
June 9: 3500 CFS
September 2: 5500 CFS - $109 pp
September 15: 3500 CFS
October 6: 6000+ CFS (Last Blast)

Kennebec High Water Release Dates
$119.00 pp - 8,000 CFS includes Lobster/Clam Bake
Saturday, June 16th - Toga Party!
Monday, July 9th - 12th Annual Disco Inferno
Saturday, September 8th
Saturday, September 22nd

I'm also pretty much up at Penobscot every other weekend, so if any particular weekend interests people, please let me know.

Additionally, I'm hoping to plan an overnight trip on both the Penobscot as well as a Canada Falls/Seboomook River. Here are the release dates for Canada Falls and requires a minimum of at least 6 people:

South Branch of the Penobscot - Canada Falls Section 1 Day Trip:

July 21st, 2012 $109
August 11th, 2012 $109
August 25th, 2012 $109

Canada Falls Seboomook Overnight -- "The Guides Choice"
$269.00 per person
"Our most dynamic and exciting combination river trips offers you rafting and inflatable kayaking on two great remote rivers that will challenge guide and guest alike. One day rafting the class V chute drop section of the North Branch of the Penobscot known as Canada Falls our most challenging rafting trip. A fun filled night of remote riverside camping with meals and equipment provided. The second day of this adventure is paddling an inflatable kayak on the Seboomook section of the Penobscot. The Seboomook is well known for its endless play spots, surf holes and chutes that can be run over and over to excite and tire any paddler. This true Maine wilderness experience is second to none and is our guide's favorite trip due to its fun, exciting, aggressive and remote nature."

Let's hear your thoughts and throw out some dates while the deal is going on and start planning ahead! Woo!

So excited for the 2012 rafting season to come!

- Roni
A former member
Post #: 69
Alright alright alright, so we gotta get a move on setting up these trips before the 40% deal goes away. So I am thinking of the following dates, please let me know your thoughts and I'll start setting up reservations:

June 9th - Dead River @ 3500 CFS
July 7th - Penobscot Overnight 2-Day Trip
August 25th - Canada Falls/Seboomook overnight (you have the option to do the 1 day trip on Canada Falls, but I highly recommend you do the inflatable whitewater kayaking down the Seboomook!)
Sept. 15th? - Last Blast on the Penobscot (Date hasn't been officially released - but I believe this is going to be the date)
October 6th - Last Blast on the Dead

We can always add more dates on here as well if anyone is interested in joining me for some more sweet whitewater.