We invest our money, mostly in stocks, as individual investors. In general we agree with the Investors Business Daily approach - often called CANSLIM - we also buy stocks in anyway that makes sense to us - whether focused on technicals, value, dividend rate, sectors or anything else that seems like it will make money. We have members who are fans of gold, silver, oil, natural gas and real estate. Some of us do options, funds, real estate, bonds, futures.
In our meetups we value stocktips highly and enjoy a healthy dialogue about them. We enjoy discussion of the market in general. We reserve the prime time of our meetups to talks we think (hope) will help us make money in the markets.
Here are some characteristics of our meetups that seem to have held over time:
- There are many, many ways to successfully invest in the market. If it works, share it!
- We value the practical over the abstract, ie. share a ticker that you own.
- We try to stay upbeat and friendly, yet disagree about specific investments.
- We value everybody's expertise and love it when people volunteer expertise in discussion or via a featured talk.
- We try to stay focused on being investors and not get bogged down in political swamps, but if it could affect the markets then we talk about it. Election times evoke great discussions!
- While some members are professional investors - and we enjoy their expertise - most are individual investors. We want information for our individual portfolios!
- We value member initiative highly. If you want something to occur, do it!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Boston Investor's Group||February 16, 2008 12:02 PM||Doug R.|