Boston World Music Meetup Group Message Board › $5 yearly contribution

$5 yearly contribution

Jacques Pardo / At...
JacquesPardo
Watertown, MA
Hello music lovers  !

I am contacting you to ask for your input. I am changing the policy of the $5 contribution. This group is doing very well and is successful  on every level except for the contribution payments. A part from a few members, the organizers and their assistants, people just don’t send their $5 yearly contribution and I am now over minus $200 (please go to the tools tag and then click on “money” to see it for yourself). This group has never been about making any money but about rallying international music lovers together and mostly going to the rich “live" international music scene that we are lucky to have here in the Boston area!

So I have asked other group organizers what they do and how they do it to have their group survive and I am adopting some of the policies that seems to work.

From now on we will have a mandatory $5 yearly contribution after one new member go to one meet-up. If he/her decide to stick with the group they will have to contribute.

Many members sign-up but never go or participate in any meet-up (even after that they RSVP) so if one does RSVP but does not get in touch (in advance) with the event organizer to tell him or her that they cannot make it they will be expelled from the group. I think that this is only fair and polite to do that. Please understand that, and again, event organizers are not paid (no one is) but take some of their valuable time to organize a meet-up.

Please let me know if you have a better idea or if you think that I could improve this policy.

Thank-you in advance for your understanding!

Jacques