Free event! Come learn about 8 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Questions & Answers. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #BNT40 hashtag in social media posts: details here.
Foley Hoag LLP - No industry moves faster or makes a bigger impact on the way we live than the technology industry. Technology innovators in software, hardware, gaming, entertainment and telecom turn to Foley Hoag LLP to help secure and maintain their leadership positions in this competitive industry. Our attorneys provide a comprehensive array of legal services for companies in all stages of development, from conception through profitability and beyond. For more information, please click here to visit our website for technology entrepreneurs. www.FoleyHoag.com [masked]
~Your Strategic HR Partner ~ TriNet provides HR solutions to small to mid-sized businesses, allowing you to focus on what your company does best. Our bundled HR products, strategic services and software simplify your HR. Tailored by industry, TriNet's bundled HR products cover the core services of payroll, benefits, risk & compliance, an HR team and a cloud platform. TriNet partners with over 8,900 clients in a variety of industries and manages more than $17 billion in payroll and insurance premiums a year (as of 12/31/13). Visit www.TriNet.com
WeWork empowers entrepreneurs and small businesses to succeed by providing beautiful workspace, a collaborative community, and accessible services. With a foundation in Boston’s historic Leather District across from South Station, the WeWork community reflects the growing entrepreneurial energy and character of the surrounding neighborhoods. Find out more about WeWork's coworking office space by calling [masked], or emailing [masked] or visiting: https://www.wework.com/location/south-station/.
Products / Presenters:
Details to be added shortly, but the lineup is:
1. CookRadar / @CookRadar - Connects people through homemade food, in your neighborhood. Non professional "cooks" can prepare an authentic homemade meal, post it online with a picture, and share it with hungry "foodies" inviting them to their place for a new culinary and cultural experience. (Mario Berruti and Michele Brindani / @mario_berruti) Tech: HTML5, PHP www.cookradar.com
2. Zopaf / @zopaf - Individuals and organizations can unlock and capture hidden value to get more out of their negotiations. (Ramon Andino / @zopaf) www.zopaf.com
3. Rejjee / @rejjeeapp - Tuff Stuff Protection, for all of your stuff. (Ken Smith / @careerentrepnr) Tech: Android, Web Portal. www.rejjee.com
4. CourseKicker / @CourseKicker - Lesson discovery and recommendation engine for teachers. (Paul Henderson / @PaulSHenderson) Tech: node.js. www.CourseKicker.com
5. Sonical / @SonicalApp - Lets you hear, record and share short, spontaneous & creative sound clips. (Matteo Alampi / @MatteoAlampi) Tech: iOS, Objective-C, PHP, Parse. www.sonical.co
6. Personal Remedies / @PersonalRem - Health/medical apps that provide personalized & actionable nutrition guidance. (Mory Bahar / @MoryBahar) Tech: Android, iOS, Microsoft tools, and bMooble (a European start-up) cross-platform app development environment. www.personalremedies.com
7. ShoutHub / @shouthubapp - Allows people to shout for 3 minutes on a map either "I'm hungry, I'm bored, and I'm tired". Venues who cater to these shouts can now send offers with a 3 minute timespan. The entire app is driven heavily geolocation and timed impulse decisions. (Maximilian Alexander /@mbalex99) Tech: AngularJS, C#.NET, Objective-C iOS, WebSockets. shouthub.co
6:00 to 6:30 - Networking
6:30 to 6:40 - Announcements
6:40 to 7:45 - Presentations, Questions & Answers
7:45 to 9:00 - Networking on the 3rd floor with WeWork providing complementary refreshments
Directions & Parking:
WeWork is just over 2 blocks south of the MBTA Red line South Station, at 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA (corner of Beach St).
Use this Google Map to WeWork. There are parking meters along Atlantic Ave and other area streets, but best garage parking option is at 86 Beach St (between Lincoln St-Surface Artery S) - Use this Google Map to the CENTRAL Chinatown Garage. Only $12 for the evening after 5pm.