Free event! December meeting of the Boston New Tech Meetup - 24th edition!
Come learn about 5 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #BNT24 hashtag in social media posts: details here.
1. Aldebaran Robotics: NAO Humanoid Robot - Programmable robot used for education and research.(Russell Nickerson) http://aldebaran-robotics.com
2. Relief Labs: EasyTomato / @EasyTomato - Easy-to-use, free bandwidth manager for low-bandwidth internet connections. (Bill Dixon) http://easytomato.org
3. Sunrise Method / @SunriseMethod - New search and learning method for Chinese/Japanese characters. (Guy Klages & Roger Dunn) http://www.sunrisemethod.com
4. Setem Technologies - Signal separation technology for improved audio clarity in cell phones, voice rec & hearing aids. (Anthony Cirurgiao) http://setemtech.com
5. Spogo / @PlaySpogo - Mobile app allows users to predict the outcomes of plays while watching games. (David Shack / @ShackSays & Andrew Vassallo / @Drew_Am_I) http://www.playspogo.com
5:45 - Setup time for presenters
6:30 to 7:30 - Networking with beverages provided by Microsoft
7:30 - Presentations, Q&A
9:00 - (Optional) Gather at the nearby Mead Hall for drinks and more networking
Directions & Parking:
Microsoft's building has a parking garage in the basement, which is $10 after 4 PM. MIT offers FREE parking in any non-gated lot on campus after 5 PM. MIT's Hayward St Lot is the closest (park in the white spaces, not the yellow). Memorial Drive has free parking, but the spaces in front of NERD have a 1 hour limit. Other area streets have metered parking.
Public Transportation: Microsoft NERD is a 5 minute walk from the Kendall Square MBTA station on the Red Line.
Get directions & more info here.
Meeting space has been graciously provided by:
Microsoft New England - The Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) is a key part of a long term strategic investment by Microsoft to build a world class center for research and innovation right in the heart of Cambridge, Massachusetts. Follow @MSNewEngland and join them on facebook. www.microsoftcambridge.com